Mens Tennis Forums banner
1,221 - 1,240 of 1,277 Posts
He defeated Philipp Kohlschreiber in 4 sets.
Only managed to catch the last 3-4 games of the match but Coric looked good, hitting well from the baseline and controlling most of the points :) He faces Fabbiano next, which should be a comfortable match - after that I don't want to speculate too much on his chances.

Only managed to catch the last 3-4 games of the match but Coric looked good, hitting well from the baseline and controlling most of the points :) He faces Fabbiano next, which should be a comfortable match - after that I don't want to speculate too much on his chances.
Sadly I missed the whole Match :sad: I'll take any wins he can get :)

He meets Diego Schwartzman in R32.
It's going to be the toughest match of this RG for Borna but he's got everything to break through. He leads 2-0 in H2H, Diego's results on clay this season like losing to Paire and Marterer don't show that Schwartzman is in a form sufficient to beat the young Croatian.
Good luck for Borna!

Aww, Borna was defeated by Schwartzman 5-7 3-6 3-6 in the third round :(
I was disappointed with his play in the first set but it turned out to be the best set :surprise:

Yeah, the clay season turned out to be a huge disappointment. On what I thought was Borna's best surface, he won only 3 matches in the 3 Masters 1000s and 2 matches at RG. When IW & Miami are looking more like a flash in the pan than the start of a trend, I have to remember that there are still plenty more tournaments left in 2018. On to bigger & better things, Borna! *fingerscrossed*

He still hasn't done what I expected him to do when I first started watching him. Every time I think he is going to finally break through he doesn't get it done :sad:
He's got some time to open the potential you've noticed. May he'd better pay more attention to working on mentality rather than physical training. There are still tons of work to be done, and if he succeeds by the age of Thiem we'll see him doing what you (and some of us) expected of him *fingerscrossed_2* :)

I'm afraid Borna won't get play practice on grass enough since he's got A. Zverev in the first round. :(
Although he leads h2h 2-1, the guys have never met both on grass and in Zverev's homeland...

Sooo Borna didn't let Alexander tie the H2H defeating him 6-1 6-4 :bounce:
This win was more of Zverev's contribution (looked like he was celebrating Gasquet's BD last night :laugh2:)
Nonetheless, I was delighted to see that Borna is adapted to the surface and would go the second seed's way :woohoo:
But the old problems still stand...

So having defeated Seppi 7-5 6-3, Borna gives us a chance to see him play in semis :smile2:
I hope they repeat IW's result :grin2:
Borna says he's not feeling pressure bc he didn't expect much from this tourney, & winning so many matches on grass in a row helps him gain more confidence.
GL, Borna!

Yes, his confidence is growing, seemingly exponentially, with every win. He said that when he arrived in London last Wednesday, he was feeling very shaky on the grass mostly because he wasn't moving well at all. But the win over Zverev was huge for his confidence, and that got everything rolling for him.

Now he has a very winnable match today and a chance to reach a grass court final. I'll never underestimate a hard-working veteran like RBA, but I like Borna's chances.

By the way, will this be Borna's first 500 final? If so, how ironic that his first 500 final will be on the surface he felt least comfortable.

1,221 - 1,240 of 1,277 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.