Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Borna Coric tests positive for COVID-19.

Yikes, I wonder who else will test positive. Considering the high false negative rate for COVID, I sure hope they are tested multiple times. False negative is 100% on day 1 of infection, about 67% on day 4, and best case scenario 20% on day 8. Then goes back up thereafter. So they really need to be testing players at least twice, ideally thrice: once the day after they think they may have been exposed, and then if negative re-test 5-6 days later, then a third time on day 8. If they just test everyone from Adria tour immediately now and the results come back negative, it's meaningless.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Is it a coincidence that Djokovic did not want a ATP restart

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
Fingers crossed he recovers and has no ill effects. This Adria Tour is turning into a predictable shit show.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I follow Borna on Instagram and his posts from the last few weeks were really concerning. You could tell Croatia let go of all precaution measures regarding covid. Ever since he went back to practicing there was no social distancing, players taking photos with lots of fans, no masks in sight.

Two weeks ago they had their own exhibition tournament in Croatia organized by Donna Vekic. Smaller than Adria Tour, but still you could see no precautions being taken. They went in large groups to visit a winery and had events and small concerts.

During the Adria Tour portion of Zadar they went also to a concert, huge crowd, all of them posting like it was all absolutely fine.

No matter what some people say, that these countries have few covid cases, one person can spread the disease to countless others and that happening in a larger scale, like in these events, maybe then these countries will go through a large wave of infections.

What baffles me the most is Serbia and Croatia's local authorities. They should have at least set proper protocols for the events to follow. But the images were disguting. I must have seen 5 people tops wearing masks in the crowd. And they were all crammed together, absolute nonsense.

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
This event really put the ATP resumption at risk- not to mention the lives of a lot of older people

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
The media has the power to make the innocent look guilty and the guilty look innocent. - Malcolm X

The media has the power to make a sniffle look like the bubonic plague and the bubonic plague look like a sniffle.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
All the best Coric!

I'm not surprised. Corona is omnipresent. Just because Eastern Europe doesn't have the same numbers as other European countries, the virus is there too and it only takes one person who doesn't have to show symptoms to carry the virus.

Where are the party people now?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well, once Dimitrov announced his positive, it was pretty clear a few others got the virus as well. The players themselves will be alright, but they may have infected old people and folks who have underlying health conditions plus the response to this might actually put an end to the tennis season completely.

·
Registered
16,739 Posts
Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
These people don't even know where Dimitrov and Coric got the virus, but they will blame Djokovic and the Adria Tour anyway. Zverev, Thiem, etc. were also there and part of the player parties, and they did not test positive. Coric wasn't even in Belgrade last week and Dimitrov was in Florida and Bulgaria prior to arriving for the Adria Tour.

There is no doubt in my mind that the reason people are blaming Djokovic has everything to do with them disliking him and because of the losses he inflicted on their favourite players.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
These people don't even know where Dimitrov and Coric got the virus, but they will blame Djokovic and the Adria Tour anyway. Zverev, Thiem, etc. were also there and part of the player parties, and they did not test positive. Coric wasn't even in Belgrade last week and Dimitrov was in Florida and Bulgaria prior to arriving for the Adria Tour.

There is no doubt in my mind that the reason people are blaming Djokovic has everything to do with them disliking him and because of the losses he inflicted on their favourite players.
Yeah, because people's health is less important than a tennis match.

Are you really 81? I'd expect a more mature way of reasoning, but it's 100% tardism. Djokovic can't do anything wrong in your book. Well, open your eyes and see what happened. AT got cancelled. Whoops!

It doesn't matter where people got the virus, it's the intentions of the organisation (i.e. Djokovic family) of the Adria Tour to act like the way they did during a pandemic. No social distancing, no testing, partying.

They paid the price for it and Djokovic has to man up and take responsibility as the world number one.

·
justice for all
15,146 Posts
(...)

They paid the price for it and Djokovic has to man up and take responsibility as the world number one.
Djokovic is a coward and will never admit he did something wrong and apologise. Neither will his fanboys. That's the kind of poor mentality I really despise.
How will he look into Dimitrov's and Coric's eyes once they meet again?

·
Registered
940 Posts
When I saw this Adria tour thing on Eurosport, with top players playing, and stands are full, I was like WTF are they doing there? Is this a replay from last year, or a paralel universe, where covid never happened?
Very very wrong idea to organize something like this, which could now prolong the restart of the main tour even further...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts