Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Of course he's the man to beat he's been there and done it many of times. Djokovic has the mental block to overcome.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
"It is true that Novak is living a great period of form. Nowadays he wins almost every single tournament he enters. Rafael Nadal on the other hand, looked quite dull
:aparty:

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course he's the man to beat he's been there and done it many of times. Djokovic has the mental block to overcome.
Nadal is getting man-handled by the Djoker and Clownini on clay though while at the same time the Djoker is hardly losing matches. I'd give the Djoker the edge at this point.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I agree with Boris and with Roger: Rafa is still the favourite to win Roland Garros...

It is all mental at this point and Novak has been tantalisingly close, but he hasn't managed to get there. Every year, the obstacle becomes bigger and more daunting.

Sorry, Rafa: you are the favourite. :D

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Someone needs to beat the MONSTER of FO Rafa Nadal who Rafa does not expect as it was the case of Soderling. Rafa beat him very easily just a week before FO09 with 62 61 and when they played in FO Rafa was not MENTALLY prepared for him because he knew every player goes on court with thought he is already beaten. Rafa knows who has the great will to win FO . That for years was Federer and now Djokovic. In 2011 Rafa was surprised that Federer stopped Djokovic and he could not because Djokovic beat him in Wimbeldon and USO again . I can recall Moya and Tio Toni back then said if only Federer could beat Djokovic he could have USO title. Federer knows Rafa contract with Nike is tied with his ranking .So he will have more money if his ranking is higher. I do not think Rafa will be able to take #1 again this year.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Even bigger favorite after Djoker wussied out of Madrid

·
Registered
177 Posts
Federer knows Rafa contract with Nike is tied with his ranking .So he will have more money if his ranking is higher. I do not think Rafa will be able to take #1 again this year.

At this stage of their careers they couldn't care less about money

Fed makes like 30M$ each year from being brand ambassador and Rafa is close with ~ 20M$-something

It's all about legacy right now

·
Registered
14,899 Posts
Someone has to counteract Nadal's "I am not the favorite" statements. Good for you Becks! :yeah:
Nadal is doing it himself by actually being positive about his own chances. But it's a track agin! A new form of mind games: Tio and Rafa want us to believe he is 100% confident he can win, so we all start believing he actually has lost all hope and passion for mind games and has declined for real, even in the mental department. But come RG, Rafa will release the following statement, a couple of days before the beginning of the tournament:

"Me never the favorito. Djokovic absoluto favorite, no?" Then bam! double mind games.

Nadal to win RG without dropping more than 2 sets.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Federer knows Rafa contract with Nike is tied with his ranking .So he will have more money if his ranking is higher. I do not think Rafa will be able to take #1 again this year.

Fed makes like 30M$ each year from being brand ambassador and Rafa is close with ~ 20M$-something

:unsure:
Legacy? Fed won 1 slam in the last 5 years.
Aside from Wimbledon he's losing to mugs like Gulbis and Seppi at slams.

Couldn't care less about money? He's playing 250s in Istanbul, exos in South America and is simply just getting them checks - promoting champagne in Beverly Hills and what not (mind you, none of his MTF stans will ever drink champagne in Beverly Hills... they just like pretending it's uper important for mankind to promote it there).
Fed's been about Wimby and $€£ for as long as anyone can remember.
Fed is the Mick Jagger of tennis. No #1 hits, but still getting them chicks.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

It is not just about legacy, Federer' contract with Nike lasts to 2018 and it is for 140M$ or more and Nadal is well below. But you forget that Federer plays longer and that makes thing even harder for Nadal. Can he play at 33+?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Someone needs to beat the MONSTER of FO Rafa Nadal who Rafa does not expect as it was the case of Soderling. Rafa beat him very easily just a week before FO09 with 62 61 and when they played in FO Rafa was not MENTALLY prepared for him because he knew every player goes on court with thought he is already beaten. Rafa knows who has the great will to win FO . That for years was Federer and now Djokovic. In 2011 Rafa was surprised that Federer stopped Djokovic and he could not because Djokovic beat him in Wimbeldon and USO again . I can recall Moya and Tio Toni back then said if only Federer could beat Djokovic he could have USO title. Federer knows Rafa contract with Nike is tied with his ranking .So he will have more money if his ranking is higher. I do not think Rafa will be able to take #1 again this year.
Got through the first 2 sentences and thought this was gonna be your first ever Federer-free post... Alas, wasn't meant to be.

They should just skip all these masters events and play the FO...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts