Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Motherhater
5,571 Posts
Borg beat Mac?

that's pretty cool. Considering how supposedly out of shape Borg is, and since MAC's been playing all these outback games.

Do you know the score?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Mcenroe won 7-6 7-6 if Borg is in shape I can imagine he would be winning most of the matchups, would be cool to see them both play after a few months of training. Would really show everyone how truly talented they are even at their ages

·
Motherhater
5,571 Posts
that's pretty close. i would love to see them play, given that I never had the opportunity to watch them when they were pros.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm quite curious about the seniors tour and try to follow whats happening. I think its great Borg is back and hopefully he and Mac will have some good matches. Just hope they're televised soon. I have to make do with the podcasts on the Blackrock site which are actually v entertaining!

I have posted some links on the "Blast from the past" section on MTF if anybody is curious too :wavey:

·
Registered
19 Posts
that's pretty close. i would love to see them play, given that I never had the opportunity to watch them when they were pros.
This match was broadcasted live on a Dutch tv-station. It was quite obvious that McEnroe didn't push it too hard, because winning 6-0 6-0 would be (in his opinion) disrespectful.

Here's a bit of footage: http://www.ed.nl/video/regionieuws/article1977888.ece

Bruguera ended up winning the tourney (vs Haarhuis).

·
Motherhater
5,571 Posts
This match was broadcasted live on a Dutch tv-station. It was quite obvious that McEnroe didn't push it too hard, because winning 6-0 6-0 would be (in his opinion) disrespectful.

Here's a bit of footage: http://www.ed.nl/video/regionieuws/article1977888.ece

Bruguera ended up winning the tourney (vs Haarhuis).
great thanks!!!!

You gotta love JMAC and his little tantrums.

I have to agree with the older dutch couple, that it wasn't a very fast match at all, but still nice from a technical aspect.

Good to see these too at it again.

·
Registered
599 Posts
They meet again in Liege, Belgium on November 10th. I've got my tickets:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts