Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Borg commented yet on what was he thinking during that 5th set?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
He's commented that he was really craving a pretzel with some mustard, but that they didn't have any mustard, so he had to settle for popcorn.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't seem to find any quotes from him on Google. I think he and Roger exchanged some words in the locker room, but we only got to see the hug.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
He was thinking... "What am I, 50? And I'm still hot. No man has ever looked so sexy with long flowy silver hair as I do. Oh, hey, tennis match... that Federer guy is pretty good."

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
I need to start practicing for 2008 to stop him winning 6 in a row.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
He said on "Sports Personality ..." tonight that he would be back to watch next year's final. He and McEnroe were totally drooling and excessively fanboying the Wimbledon Final.

McEnroe said he played for 15 years and has been commentating for 15 years and it was the greatest match he ever witnessed. He said Roger was unable to dictate play
Borg said he went to the match because he likes how Roger plays and hoped he would equal his 5 in a row record. He thought Fed was getting irritated that he couldn't hurt Nadal from the back of the court.

They both seemed to agree that Rafa calling the trainer was the turning point of the match, as it gave Federer time to regroup. Borg said that although Rafa must have been injured to call the trainer, he shouldn't have done it and should just have played on.

Borg said it was the best final he has ever seen.

Not exactly what they said, but the gist of it.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Borg will be at next year's Wimby final if Fed is going for 6?

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW - I don't like Djokovic either.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
He said on "Sports Personality ..." tonight that he would be back to watch next year's final. He and McEnroe were totally drooling and excessively fanboying the Wimbledon Final.

McEnroe said he played for 15 years and has been commentating for 15 years and it was the greatest match he ever witnessed. He said Roger was unable to dictate play
Borg said he went to the match because he likes how Roger plays and hoped he would equal his 5 in a row record. He thought Fed was getting irritated that he couldn't hurt Nadal from the back of the court.

They both seemed to agree that Rafa calling the trainer was the turning point of the match, as it gave Federer time to regroup. Borg said that although Rafa must have been injured to call the trainer, he shouldn't have done it and should just have played on.

Borg said it was the best final he has ever seen.

Not exactly what they said, but the gist of it.
I still think the Borg/McEnroe finals top this one, but of course neither one of them could say that. :lol:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Pretty obvious. He felt happy for Roger, and sad for Rafa, as any normal human being would. That's the way things go in Real Life, sad but true.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts