Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, I think Rafa will win, but.... giving him 1.1 odds which is nothing, to Federer's 6.5 to 1, is HUGE.

Nadal: 1.1
Federer: 6.5

Just going for Federer taking a set is a solid pay-out, paying over twice as much at 2.2.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just winning a set makes you money if you bet on Federer to lose 3:1. Crazy

But, Federer couldn’t beat him here in his prime, so there is no reason to think this won’t be a bloodbath.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
These odds are HUGE. I mean Federer - even if he loses - is better than Hanfmann, Maden, Goffin, Londero and Nishikori combined.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bookies basically telling Federer to suck a fat one!

They have ZERO trust in him on clay against dal

can't blame em?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
So thats why RAFAism doesn't post anymore. She's a bookie now.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
bookies have gone too far this time...if Goffin could take a set why couldn't Fedr ffs

surely be putting my money on that

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
bookies aren't stupid, they aren't fans to get deluded with emotions. Fed at 37 in bo5 match on clay against Nadal has no business of winning, giving at least any odd on Nadal is more surprising than giving 6,5 on Fed

·
Registered
442 Posts
It’s 7-1 now.
Even at those high opening odds, the punters still aren’t putting anything on Federer so the odds got longer.

It’s nuts that Federer is given a 15% chance to win.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Haha.

But just winning a set makes you good money here. There are matches that the underdog doesn’t pay 3+ to win.
Well maybe you are using different betting site but if I bet on a player to win a match I only get money if he actually does so.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well maybe you are using different betting site but if I bet on a player to win a match I only get money if he actually does so.
he means the +2,5:0 HC bet/start, 1 set

People have no trust in Federer but he looks quite decent with plenty of variety. Nadal is in huge decline and not in good form.
lol

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
It’s nuts that Federer is given a 15% chance to win.
so you think if they play 7 times in best of 5 on clay Federer can win more than 1 match?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
id give Fed a 20% chance to win given the recent winning streak. The clay changes everything of course.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts