Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Wow a lot of free money on the table. There is no way Djokovic wins 4 more slams, or 6 if Fed manages to take another Wimbledon which is of course possible.

I would put $6000 on it but it's hard for me to wait that long. It would probably take 5 years for the bet to be settled.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
I think this is very optimistic given that Djokovic is nearing the end of his career. Winning a slam - any slam - is not an easy thing and there are many good players, such as Medvedev, who are very capable of beating him. Let's take it one slam at a time.

As someone who likes Djokovic, I would be happy if he were to win one more slam.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You made me check and bitcoin is at $18k o_O

What the hell happened and why you thing Ethereum is a smart choice, not Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash?
Bitcoin is far too mainstream and more like an equivalent of gold in crypto. Its only purpose are anonymous transactions. Ethereum on the other hand is more about technology, ecosystem and could be used in IT. It's not about payments. ETH leader is also a public person. Also it was almost $1300 three years ago and there will be some big changes for ETH in few days.
If BTC is the Gold, then ETH is Palladium

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
It's inevitable.
I don't know how old you are but the longer you live and have shit happen to your own body, the more you realize how incredible it is that these guys have done what they have to their bodies, even with the best training etc. It wouldn't take much for it to all go downhill in a big way, even for Novak.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
No chance he gets 4 slams considering he couldn’t even win the last 2. He will most likely get 2 more at most and likely just 1. He’ll never win FO again, and prob never USO again. I think he gets 1 more AO and possibly 1 more Wimby but that’s it. What we need to worry about is Dull breaking the slam record as he definitely will with another FO vulture.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bitcoin absolutely sucks, everyone who ever used it to make a transaction knows that, but it will still go to 80k next year because sheep gonna sheep.

ETH and XRP will go far.

Value on Djoko not to beat Fed record :) but is it 1xbet? If so I wouldn't bet there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Djokovic's chances at taking the slam lead took a huge hit at the US Open this year. Taking the French would have put him back on track, but that was a long shot. He now has a myriad of things going against him:
  1. There are now two people with 20 slams, increasing the probability that the current slam lead will be a moving target;
  2. He's 33 and not looking anywhere near as in-form as he was only just over a year back;
  3. He's prone to mental walkabouts and periods of seeming apathy; and, perhaps most importantly
  4. The transitional era has now truly begun, and players like Medvedev and Thiem are hot on his heels, making it seemingly unlikely that he'll manage to win 4+ slams in the next 2 or 3 years that he'll still be relevant.
Of course, he could surprise me and pull a Federer and continue to win slams in his later 30s, but that doesn't seem likely given what we've seen from Djokovic vs. next gen & Thiem over the past couple of years. From what it looks like to me right now, the loss at the US Open was a devastating, albeit not quite a finishing blow to Djokovic's chances at the slam record.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
To overtake Federer record. Sure. Yes.
To overtake the Goat Slam record? Nope.

Reactions: thebeast

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I think this is very optimistic given that Djokovic is nearing the end of his career. Winning a slam - any slam - is not an easy thing and there are many good players, such as Medvedev, who are very capable of beating him. Let's take it one slam at a time.

As someone who likes Djokovic, I would be happy if he were to win one more slam.
Man, are you OK? Have you been hacked?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I‘m not betting. But if I were, I‘d take that offer. In my opinion, the probability for this to happen is below 50%

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Not happening. Some free big buck to be made here...

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Option "no" is very tempting. No way he's only 20% to end up below 21 GS. It's more than 50%. IMO he lost the GS race big time this year (Wimby cancellation, USO default, RG beatdown).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts