Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, I have to make another one....

For this summer, reading will be for preparation for the PRAXIS subject area exams as well as for sheer pleasure.

My reading list this summer:

1984-George Orwell. I haven't read this book in so long, that I've probably forgotten what it was about (well, most of it anyway).

The Things They Carried-Tim O'Brien. I haven't read this, but I'm told this book will be on the exam. I may tackle this over the break instead-if I get enough time.

Their Eyes Were Watching God-Zora Neale Hurston. This one will be both a pleasure read and a school read, as I'm expecting this book to be read in one of my lit. classes next fall.

Raisin in the Sun-Instead of summer, I'm reading this over the break. I saw the play five years ago, when our local Actors' Guild performed it.

Things Fall Apart-Chinua Achebe. See Their Eyes Were Watching God.

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings-Maya Angelou. I need to reread this book, as I didn't get very far when I read it the first time. I saw her when she came to UK in the year 2000, and yes...she's every bit as dynamic in person as she is in song or words.

Invisible Man-Ralph Ellison. A past book club selection. I didn't get past the first fifty pages, but I plan to read more when summer comes.

Cry, the Beloved Country-Alan Paton. Tried to read this book three years ago, but I haven't had any luck. This time, I'll get through it.

and...

Native Son-Richard Wright. Why I've never read this book, I'll never know...

This list is probably all I can manage in a single summer. If I have more time to read other books, I will, but I believe this will be it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts