Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally updating my blog!!! :eek: A big compliment to me! :worship:

I have been speaking (good) English for about 6 years and German (still improving) for about 3 years. Now I also speak Swiss German more or less. :) Plus of course my mother language. :p

Recently I began to learn French and Dutch as well. The reason of learning French is simply because I am living in Switzerland. I often have situations in which I wish I was able to speak French, for example, when I go to western part of Switzerland, or I often meet people from there or from France. In October this year, I had a chance to meet Nathy who is from French speaking part of Switzerland. And meeting her gave me the confidence that I really should and want to learn this language. Therefore, I bought a book and CDs for learning it by myself... I am learning it little by little (yes, I really mean little by little... :p )

On contrary, I don't need to speak Dutch in Switzerland. :p I have two friends from the Netherlands who I always enjoy chatting with, Chiudi-fan (Yvo) and RogiNie (Nienke). In our talks, we often talked about the Dutch language, and that inspired me. That's the only reason why I am learning it. :) I am serious about this. I also bought a book and CDs for this. Thankfully, I can say some sentences and words now! :D Some people might say why Dutch and not Spanish or Italian, but that's me. ;)

I can speak/understand English and German (Swiss German as well) quite well, but please don't be so strict to me with French and Dutch yet, as I have just begun learning them!! :p I don't have time, money, and courage to go to a language school, so I am learning them by myself with my own tempo,, (it is kind of slow, though... :p)

But, isn't it cool to be able to communicate in some foreign languages? ;)

SP

G

·
0 Posts
hey yukio! :hug:
great that you updated your blog again! :bounce: I always like to read it and it's been a while ago that you wrote it! Of course I know everything about the language learning of you and this is a nice moment to say how much I appreciate it that you learn it! It's really great that you're learning Dutch :cool: and you're maybe learning not that fast, because you don't have that much time, but you remember a lot! And it's better than many other people who for example go on vacation in Holland :) I hope you will learn a lot more and that you still like to learn it! Hopefully we'll meet sometimes and we can speak like 4 languages to each other! :bounce:

Nienke

G

·
0 Posts
:bounce: I volunteer to be your french teacher :angel: :woohoo: good on you to learn french and dutch :kiss:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Try to learn spanish someday :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts