Mens Tennis Forums banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
The thing that worries me is that Murray is in his prime years - and he's got maybe 2 years or so before he passes that PEAK physical years but if I was a Andy fan I would take postives

no bad body language/looking angry @ his box

no defeatist attitude when he's down

There was little separating him from Nole for long durations of the match but he needs the killer touch and confidence in his ability I'm afraid with every defeat what little confidence he was will ebb away

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
He played amazing today. He played the way a major winner should play. He was unlucky but one thing is for sure he will win a major this year. The US open or Wimbledon will be his. He is playing the right way, all he needs now is a bit of luck.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Don't think the doom and gloom attitude of some posters is appropriate...yeah Murray got mentally beaten tonight but against Djokovic who is mentally the toughest player right now and who simply refused to give in.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
He played amazing today. He played the way a major winner should play. He was unlucky but one thing is for sure he will win a major this year. The US open or Wimbledon will be his. He is playing the right way, all he needs now is a bit of luck.
For sure? :lol:

I'm a fan, but this is baseless..... he played the right way at times, played well at times, showed good fight for most of it.... but it wasn't a mentally impressive effort. At least not impressive enough to suggest winning a slam is right round the corner.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
The way he played against a half dead Nole tonight, failing to capitalise, I wouldn't be surprised if he never won a GS. He's got serious problems with his mentality that even Lendl's not gonna fix
When two mentally tough players meet, there has to be one winner.

Both players were half dead by the end of the match.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
All Andy needs is a bit of luck. He's got the game to go all the way. Nole and Rafa can hardly dominate the way they have been for ever...

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
All Andy needs is a bit of luck. He's got the game to go all the way. Nole and Rafa can hardly dominate the way they have been for ever...
Agree. He needs top 3 to retire or get injured so he can hope for fish or young. Oh wait, young beat him last year :lol:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Agree. He needs top 3 to retire or get injured so he can hope for fish or young. Oh wait, young beat him last year :lol:
He also bitch slapped young at USO and Thailand Open to make up for that blip so what's your point?

·
Banned
703 Posts
Bitter huh? :lol:
Lawrence, your hate for Murray is admirable, but why are you a Del-Potro fan?

If someone wants to wind you up, they can always attack Del-Potro;

Del-Potro's slam win was the biggest fluke in the history of sport.

There.

You should hate every player in the game like, say, ME - therefore you can't be attacked.

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I would be willing to bet that Bollettieri thought Tommy Haas would win a Grand Slam which sadly he never did :sad: And I still think Andy will get a Grand Slam!

141 - 155 of 155 Posts