Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Bollettieri should know, all those GS champs his academy produced.

Where's the link to what he said anyway?

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Bollettieri is an overrated mug who happens to have coached a few good kids becuase of the massive money he gets.

why people still listen to what he says is anyone's guess.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
I stopped reading when I got to the part where he says that Rafa doesn’t give 100%; he give 200%. :rolleyes:

He’s such a blowhard. He’s always tooting his own horn and dealing in hyperbole.

·
Registered
21,371 Posts
What a ****.

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stopped reading when I got to the part where he says that Rafa doesn’t give 100%; he give 200%. :rolleyes:

He’s such a blowhard. He’s always tooting his own horn and dealing in hyperbole.
Yeah I do not agree with him in everything, just an interesting interview.He has some really good points.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Could any of our German members translate this article. I hate that google translator. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Could any of our German members translate this article. I hate that google translator. Thanks.
The interview is a bit long, but I could try to translate the Murray-part.

Nick: "Look, Andy is a great character, similar to my Agassi. But why don't you just take what Boris Becker said about him: "Andy Murray doesn't have a weapon and will never win a GS", these are Boris' words. And I go along with him (not sure if this is the right verb). Murray has improved his forehand and his serve, his footwork is fantastic, he's a great return player, has got a world-class backhand, but in order to win a GS, he would have to play a bit more offensive. The question is if he's got the weapons to win a big thing? I don't think so. Especially not because there are so many other strong guys. It won't be easy for Murray."

Not sure if mine is better than the link Lawrence posted.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,472 Posts
Who is this clown? :stupid: Does he not have a single functioning brain cell in his head? Or is he really that stupid? :stupid:

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Who is this clown? :stupid: Does he not have a single functioning brain cell in his head? Or is he really that stupid? :stupi:
:rolls:

Don't agree with Bollettieri, I actually think Andy will grab a slam during the next few years. Don't think he'll win a lot more than one though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Who is this clown? :stupid: Does he not have a single functioning brain cell in his head? Or is he really that stupid? :stupi:
Bollettieri is a old dude that became a prominent tennis coach because some of the old timers (Agassi, Courier, Sampras) spent some time at his academy!!!!!!! He was never a tennis player, just a good business man, running an academy and charging a fortune. In the US they refer to his academy as to Bollitierri machine!!!! I would never take anything he says for real!!!!

As far as Murray is concerned, I know he will win a slam and shut up all the haters around him. 2012 is Murray's year!!!!! You heard it here first.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,472 Posts
Bollettieri is a old dude that became a prominent tennis coach because some of the old timers (Agassi, Courier, Sampras) spent some time at his academy!!!!!!! He was never a tennis player, just a good business man, running an academy and charging a fortune. In the US they refer to his academy as to Bollitierri machine!!!! I would never take anything he says for real!!!!

As far as Murray is concerned, I know he will win a slam and shut up all the haters around him. 2012 is Murray's year!!!!! You heard it here first.
So, he's some old clown who believes he's always right because he couched some big players. Clown.

Actually, I've been saying 2012 will be Murray's year for the past few months, so no, we haven't heard it here first.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
So, he's some old clown who believes he's always right because he couched some big players. Clown.

Actually, I've been saying 2012 will be Murray's year for the past few months, so no, we haven't heard it here first.
You've booked 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013 as 'Murray's year'

So it's pretty hard for someone to claim 'first' in that department, you sure are right about that. Whether it's something to be proud of when you do get one right one of these years...

·
Registered
473 Posts

No old , very old clown who still posseses a huge ego....... Even Agassi thought/thinks he is/was a clown!!!!! About Murray, it does not matter who said what and when, I know he will do well in 2012, so I am with you on this one Sapeod!!!!!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Bollettieri has traditionally been quite fond of Murray and has given him plenty of praise. Perhaps this is an anti jinx? :shrug:

·
Banned
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No old , very old clown who still posseses a huge ego....... Even Agassi thought/thinks he is/was a clown!!!!! About Murray, it does not matter who said what and when, I know he will do well in 2012, so I am with you on this one Sapeod!!!!!
In his book he disses Bollettieri first, but later he refers to him as a great mentor and coach.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts