Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the complete draw already. I want to ask, what are your bold predictions for this year's edition of Wimbledon? Even if it is only slightly unrealistic, post away.

Mine are:
  • Two of the Big 4 will not make the SFs (One will fall before R4, One between R4 and QF)
  • At least one of the purported "young guns" will reach the SFs (Ie. Raonic, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Tomic or a player around their age)
  • Six seeds will get upset in R1
:devil:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Dimitrov will school Murray.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Djokovic will deliver his baby on the CC. The Queen will be there ;).

I don't know. Anything is possible this year. I don't have too much faith in Fed, Nole, Rafa or Murray this year for all kinda different reasons. Yet, somehow they manage to deliver over and over again.

We might have a surprise winner this year.

It would be great as long as Djokovic doesn't lose another final. My heart is too weak for that ...

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Bold Wimbledon Predictions for top 4 seeds

#1 Novak Djokovic will lose to a player older than himself.

#2 Rafael Nadal will get past 3rd round, but will not win the tournament.

#3 Andy Murray, OBE, will lose to a player younger than himself

#4 Roger Federer will not lose to a top 10 player, but he won't win the tournament

The tournament champion will not come from top 4 seeds.

Challenge: Guess the bold prediction tournament champion based on the above bold predictions. :)

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bold Wimbledon Predictions for top 4 seeds

#1 Rafael Nadal will get past 3rd round, but will not win the tournament.

#2 Novak Djokovic will lose to a player older than himself

#3 Andy Murray, OBE, will lose to a player younger than himself

#4 Roger Federer will not lose to a top 10 player, but he won't win the tournament

The tournament champion will not come from top 4 seeds.

Challenge: Figure out the bold prediction tournament champion based on the above bold predictions. :)

Respectfully,
masterclass
i am going to go guess that you are predicting Djokovic to beat Murray in SF but lose to someone older and in Federer-Nadal bracket which isn't Federer or Nadal themself. I can only think of Lopez atm :facepalm:

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
i am going to go guess that you are predicting Djokovic to beat Murray in SF but lose to someone older and in Federer-Nadal bracket which isn't Federer or Nadal themself. I can only think of Lopez atm :facepalm:
Hey Recon, that's a really good try. But not quite bold enough at the last. Lopez can actually play on grass a bit. ;)

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Uncle Toni will not interfere.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Djokovic to play at least one 5-setter.
Some player will make debut at QF stage.
Hewitt to make it to 4th round.
Paire to beat Rosol and take at least a set off Nadal and turns around his season after this.
5-setter in final.

·
Registered
904 Posts
#1. Federer will make it to the SF.

#2. Dimitrov will make it to the QF.

#3. Djokovic will make it to the SF.

#4. Andy Murray could only lose to either Roger or Rafail since Choker is incapable of handling wimbly crowd whilst playing against a Brit.

#5. Raonic will exit in Round of 32.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts