Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
In my mind, his ability hasn’t been the reason for his poor slam performances; that’s obvious. Even though he’s gotten much better and probably has the level to win a slam, his mentality has held him back. I haven’t seen any massive improvement there, so I expect similarly poor slam results. At least at the Australian Open, maybe he can figure it out after that.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
Remains to be seen but you'd imagine he'll find a gear in slams sooner or later. Also Lendl may give him a boost.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
If he wins a slam in 2019 I think it would most likely be the USO. I doubt he will be able to back up the WTF win with another immediate big title at AO, and his chances of winning RG and Wimbledon are both significantly smaller than AO/USO. That being said my money is still on Zverev not winning a slam until 2020, though I do expect better results this year.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think he will win a major, but it will be tough in 2019 with expectations being higher than ever after winning the Tennis Masters Cup last month.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Slam inevitible. Just might not come next year. Maybe year after. But when they rain they will fall

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I said this and I know how things go. GOATrev will be one time in SFs and never stoppable.

Australian Open will he win.

Discuss.
Who are we to argue with the FITD champion when it comes to predictions. Zverev will win, it is known from now.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The only grand slam that Zverev could possibly win is the US Open as there is no way he can WIN the French Open and at Wimbledon there are a few other players who suit the grass style more and probably have better chances while I'm not sure if he can quite do it at the Australian Open, anyways it might be hard for him as you would expect Djokovic to win and if Nadal and Federer don't face injuries, they could also provide problems for Zverev, that's if he doesn't crash out in the early rounds.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Very few blokes of 6 feet 6 have ever won a Slam, stamina is a big problem. Lendl seems to be an amazing guru, but I still think the chances are higher that he won't win a Slam next year.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
OP is riding high in prediction confidence right now.

I can see him winning the USO so yeah I’m hopping into the bandwagon...

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
If there is one person that makes this prediction absolutely believeable, it's SdP. In fact, I don't see SdPs predictions as predictions, they are prophecies (FITT-style).

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
If he wins a slam in 2019 I think it would most likely be the USO. I doubt he will be able to back up the WTF win with another immediate big title at AO, and his chances of winning RG and Wimbledon are both significantly smaller than AO/USO. That being said my money is still on Zverev not winning a slam until 2020, though I do expect better results this year.
Also, his best HC slam results are three 3R, two at AO'17/'18 + one at USO'18, so, still missing the second week therein.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I cannot believe all the hateration for Alexander. Well, you better get use to him, he's the future. He will win the AO, and many more, excluding the French. I can't wait for the Next Gen to take over. Exciting times

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
I cannot believe all the hateration for Alexander. Well, you better get use to him, he's the future. He will win the AO, and many more, excluding the French. I can't wait for the Next Gen to take over. Exciting times

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
Must be @Stan del Potro 's DA.

Honestly can't see how he can win Slams if he barely reached a Slam QFs after getting into tiresome five setters all over the place. He either works on his stamina for that regard (and stops playing so much PS4) or he just accepts that he's just built up for bo3

·
justice for all
13,139 Posts
Must be @Stan del Potro 's DA.

Honestly can't see how he can win Slams if he barely reached a Slam QFs after getting into tiresome five setters all over the place. He either works on his stamina for that regard (and stops playing so much PS4) or he just accepts that he's just built up for bo3
Yeah, he should be the one to lobby for Bo3 in slams. If they switch his chances will rise considerably.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts