Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If Gasquet beats Djokovic on Friday, InfoKenway is a time-traveler from the future. No way you could predict Gasquet getting to the finals unless you had first-hand knowledge.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
If Gasquet beats Djokovic on Friday, InfoKenway is a time-traveler from the future. No way you could predict Gasquet getting to the finals unless you had first-hand knowledge.
On the other hand, if there is one Slam where Gasquet could make the final, that's Wimbledon.
Made the 1/2 final in 2007 beating probably the 2nd best grasscourter of that time and troubled Murray in 2008 like few players other than the big 3 have done at Wimbledon since 2007 by producing for 2 sets and half one of the finest display you could see on grass(not to mention winning 2 grass tournaments).
Those results weren't achieved by luck.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
If Anderson converted one of his BPs against Djokovic in the 5th set, he would have definitely made the final.
I don't see him upsetting Djokovic though (bar injury or illness).

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Best of luck to him. :cheerleader:

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
So this prediction was after Round 1?

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
If Anderson converted one of his BPs against Djokovic in the 5th set, he would have definitely made the final.
I don't see him upsetting Djokovic though (bar injury or illness).
Do you think Anderson had he lead 4-2 in the fifth was winning? I think not. Would have served 2 or 3 DF when serving for the match.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts