Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to revise the headline both Raja/Federer not going to win French open if Djokovic enters into final.

Well its not a wild guess..! There are facts and history to back this data.

Once Dominant Djokovic started showing in 2011 its actually Trivalry between Federer-Nadal-Djokovic. The amazing trivia is none of them got a grand slam by beating other two players in a grandslam. The last time such thing happened is in US open 2011.

2011 French open- Prime Djokovic lost against Federer in semis but in the end eventually Nadal won.

2012- Australian open Nadal won against Federer only to loose to Djokovic

2013 US open- Djokovic won against Federer but lost to Nadal

The logical explanation would be the fatigue factor in the semi final between the GOATs and in the final just get rooted by other one.

In Roland Garros its pretty different! Nadal with such easy draw definitely dominate Federer( certainly he needs to beat Tsitsipas first). But being a last French open match Federer will try to cause as much damage as possible to Nadal in the semis. Nevertheless Lets see how Nadal dominate both Federer and Djokovic.

Remember in 2006, Nadal lost the first set 6-1 to the prime Federer. Federer lost the match only coz of unforced errors and chokes. Otherwise he dominated the match overall. Hope the same Federer show up against weakest Nadal in French open. Game on.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Dull won't have to face Fed and Djoker back to back though. Fed is losing to sissypass I think and Djokovic has a tough draw to navigate.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Once Dominant Djokovic started showing in 2011 its actually Trivalry between Federer-Nadal-Djokovic. The amazing trivia is none of them got a grand slam by beating other two players in a grandslam. The last time such thing happened is in US open 2011.
You immediately contradict yourself. Djokovic has indeed done it, but he won't need to do it this time.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have done one Bold prediction on Del Potro last year and narrowly failed, in general Bold Predictions fail 99%, I don't know whether this prediction falls under Bold prediction given Rafa's poor Clay season so far, I would leave it to MTFers to decide.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Lock thread, ban OP.

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
so many factual errors in the op lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts