Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By that time the era of Fedalovicray and friends will very likely be over. Sock has calibre having won the US Open junior title and has a US Open title in mixed doubles. He is already one of the best doubles players in the world and his level of play is improving with each singles grand slam that he plays. I also get the feeling he is the kind of player who really feeds off the crowd and there will be plenty of support for a good run in Flushing Meadows.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
474 Posts
US Open should be his best chance. BTW....What's Sock like on grass courts? Could he do some damage at Wimbledon in the future?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Maybe, but I agree that he needs to improve his backhand. I definitely think he will be top 10 within the next couple of years and be a slam contender.

·
Registered
375 Posts
God help us all. MUG ERA.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I was wrong here, at least in terms of singles. And everything was going so well up until the end of 2017!

Having said that, he did win the US Open Doubles, so maybe I can count that after all...

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
I guess I was wrong here, at least in terms of singles. And everything was going so well up until the end of 2017!

Having said that, he did win the US Open Doubles, so maybe I can count that after all...
Then you should have posted this originally in the Doubles Forum, mate:
Doubles Forum

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,601 Posts
Ertl93 on the money, who knew?

He did make top 10 to his credit, though off some rather fortuitous sort of circumstances (collapsed Paris Masters draw, and lifeline from Kyle Edmund who squandered a 5-1 serving advantage in set 3).

After a good ATP finals showing, he never really backed it up and has pretty much disappeared from the radar for the most part.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts

·
10,907 Posts
I think he will have more chances in 2021.
This will probably hold great merit.
I think he has more chance in 2021 than ever before considering he had 0 chance up till now due to the last 4 number 1s..

He still prob wont win one but fogmeister was still correct

1 - 16 of 16 Posts