Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All it takes is one bad day from Nadal, and one good day from the tennis player formerly known as Jack Suck.

·
6,674 Posts
Watched him play that American clay court championships in Texas (ATP 250 event) - , he is a clean and hard hitter of the ball, definitely has the weapons to get that far.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Yeah, Sock's solid backhand should handle Nadal's lefty topspin with consummate ease

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Good strategy, posting it this early. If he doesn't, this goes forgotten. If he does beat Nadal, everyone will be all over this thread like white on rice.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
I fear his backhand will be a liability. I wouldn't mind to see him do it, he has the ability on the FH wing, but not sure if he can sustain it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
If you think a guy with such a crap BH can beat Nadal on clay you are beyond delusional.

Look at Nadal's losses people. Even this year that he's struggling he only lost to guys with great BHs, who can take his shots early and redirect it also if needed.

The lone exception being Wawrinka, who can stay far behind the baseline and still achieve a powerful shot on his left side and even tho he always had a great BH, for not being able to play closer to the baseline with consistency to take time away from Nadal he was like 0-15 against the Spaniard.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Getting returns from Dimugtrov is not the same as getting them from Nadal. Also, he had a monster day yesterday, hitting everything he put his mind to. To beat Nadal, he'd had to take it up a notch - if that's even possible with Sock.

·
Registered
645 Posts
only QF? sure, Berlocq will be favorite, but i can see Sock pulling that one too, if he has his day

1 - 20 of 28 Posts