Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1000th post is up. :D

I'd just like to say I enjoy it here.

Disclaimer: Some comments made may be offensive to some viewers. We apologise for any convenience this may cause and if you are offended, we send our deep regrets. We don't like to offend people and if you are offended, we are sorry for it.

Your 1000th post is up. What can the MTF community expect from you the next 1000 posts?

They can expect more Bolar brilliance gracing this forum. They can expect a more funny Bolar. No need to improve on Bolar's intelligence as Bolar is smart already.

You said you had a major announcement. What is this major announcement?

There were rumours going around that I was leaving the site. Well, the major announcement is that I'm here to stay. I am not going anywhere. So everyone can be graced with more Bolar brilliance in the coming years.

You have only been here a few months, yet you have brought a curse with you. Would you like to explain that curse for those of us who don't know?

The Bolar Bolabi curse is the curse to end all curses. It's in it's developments stage and it's struck already. It can only get worse. It's the key to making Roger Federer lose. It's the key to making all these hot favourites start falling like flies. It's the key to make unknowns champions. It's destroying everything in it's path and the only cure for it is to kill Bolar.

Jim has an obsession with you. Do you know what it is? Would you like to try and explain it?

Yeah, well I don't know. Jim's obsession with Bolar is starting to get out of control. He probably sleeps with a teddy bear that he's named Bolar. He probably has a picture of Bolar next to his bed so when he wakes up of a morning, he can see Bolar and reflect on Bolar. Jim's obsession with Bolar is worse than an Aussie girl's obsession with Australian Idol between the ages of 10 - 14.

You are popular Bolar. Are you thinking of bringing out some merchandise?

Yep sure am. I am making a shirt and on it is written. "Bolar Brilliance". People can wear that down the street and be proud to be a fan of Bolar. A cap is in the process of being made and it's going to say. "Bolar Rocks". I'm even going to make a Bolar teddy bear. A Bolar coffee mug. Also a Bolar stubbie holder. When people drink, they can admire the stubby holder that says. "Drink to the legend of Bolar."

There will also be a Bolar vibrator with a slogan. "Use this in accordance with Bolar."

Bolar is thinking of bringing out a range of condoms aswell. They will help males perform like Bolar. Bolar is going to target every possible market to sell Bolar merchandise.

You have argued quite a lot that Golf is a sport. Would you like to put an argument up here?

Yeah, some people think Golf isn't a sport. That it requires no fitness. Well I'm here to tell them, that they're wrong.

Golf uses at least 4 components of fitness which are needed to make a champion. Firstly, you need aerobic fitness to maintain adequate health levels and to reduce fatigue over long tournaments and busy playing schedules, while strength, power and flexibility are important to adequately perform the golfing stroke.

Strength needs to be developed. The strengthening program for golf should include work for the trunk, as well as for the muscles of the upper and lower body. Because the golf swing is not a simple, linear motion, you should implement an integrated, multijoint strengthening program. Your hips and legs produce most of the force for a powerful golf swing. This momentum must be transferred through a stable trunk to the upper body, which simultaneously delivers and counteracts the forceful striking action of the club. A successful swing, therefore, requires sufficient strength and coordinated actions among the major muscles that make up these different body segments. Of course, strong muscles also are essential for proper posture, which assures consistent swing deliveries and a stable head that maintains uninterrupted eye focus on the golf ball.

Postural balance is an important component of a golf game. Unfortunately, physical activities such as golf, in which one side of the body is used differently than the other side of the body, tend to promote postural imbalances that can impede performance and cause injury. It is important to determine whether the postural imbalance is a normal response to sport mechanics, however, or whether it is due to pathological conditions. A solid golf conditioning program strives for front to back and left to right body balance. Although this may never be fully achieved because of the sport mechanics, it always should remain a primary goal of your golf conditioning program.

Balance represents a complex neuromuscular communication system. It relies on feedback from the central nervous system, the eyes, the inner ear, and tiny message receptors in the joints and soft tissues. Balance is necessary in maintaining appropriate spine (trunk and torso) positions throughout the swing. If balance is not maintained during the swinging action, shoulder turn, weight shift, and force transfer may be affected and the shot outcome will be compromised. As people grow older, the fact of life, the sensory organs and balance systems become less sensitive. It therefore might be advantageous to actually make better postural balance one of the primary parts of a conditioning program

Flexibility is important, controlling the amount of flexibility that's available to you is even more important. Swinging within the limitations of your body may be the most important advice you can ever take. While flexibility is essential, it can be a liability if not used to your advantage in proper swing mechanics. Flexibility is defined as one's available range of motion about a specific joint. The range of motion can be limited by factors such as nervous system voluntary and reflex control, muscle constraints, joint constraints, or skin and subcutaneous tissue. Flexibility might be one of the most important components of the successful golf swing because it increases the movement distance for force application. Studies have demonstrated that greater amounts of force can be produced when a muscle is prestretched before performing the activity demanded of it. When a muscle is prestretched, it creates elastic recoil that applies additional force for a more powerful contraction. This procedure is known as preloading the muscle.

Golf is a power sport. The golfer must be able to generate near-maximum power a certain number of times through the round. Regardless of a player's talent level, however, the most effective and powerful swings are produced when the force-generating muscles are preloaded first.

In conclusion, I put my case to rest that golf needs a certain amount of fitness and uses at least 4 components of fitness to be able to maintain a good golf game. If you don't have these components then you won't succeed as a golfer. There may be some golfers that are overweight on the tour. When people see someone who may be considered overweight, they dismiss that they are fit. Well that is wrong. They are fit. Overweight people can be fit and these golfers are fit. Just because you see someone that may be considered overweight, it doesn't mean that they're not fit. It's a myth people believe that overweight people aren't fit. That myth is wrong. It also helps them develop more force through the body thus a more powerful swing. With all these facts considered, golf is a sport and a proper one too because it requires so many components.

Anything else you'd like to say?

Yeah I'd like to thank everyone for putting up with me.

To Jim, if your obsession gets worse, I'll have to clone myself.

To Bad Gambler, good luck with your wedding in January. Have a drink for me at your reception.

To Yoel and Co - I'll keep making sure you get a reasonable profit in one of the best sports in the world, Golf.

To Corinna - thanks for the words. I appreciate it. :)

To all the other girls, thanks for your words too. I appreciate it. :)

And to anyone else who I may have forgotten, I am sorry, so I thank you too. Now you can't say I didn't forget about you because I thanked you.

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Oh Bolar. :hearts: I've been a secret fan of yours but I haven't said anything up until this moment.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JerrySeinfeld said:
hey where did you copy and paste that golf crap from?
I didn't copy and paste anything. I used a term called "Research" to get my proof needed to maintain a solid argument and to put my case at rest. I researched and also referred to my course manuals and notes from a few years back when I was undertaking a Certificate IV in Sport Coaching and studied golf to get my point across and by no means did I copy and paste anything.

B

·
0 Posts
Bolar Bolabi said:
Jim has an obsession with you. Do you know what it is? Would you like to try and explain it?

Yeah, well I don't know. Jim's obsession with Bolar is starting to get out of control. He probably sleeps with a teddy bear that he's named Bolar. He probably has a picture of Bolar next to his bed so when he wakes up of a morning, he can see Bolar and reflect on Bolar. Jim's obsession with Bolar is worse than an Aussie girl's obsession with Australian Idol between the ages of 10 - 14.
i believe jim has the right of reply :haha:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Bolar Bolabi said:
I didn't copy and paste anything. I used a term called "Research" to get my proof needed to maintain a solid argument and to put my case at rest. I researched and also referred to my course manuals and notes from a few years back when I was undertaking a Certificate IV in Sport Coaching and studied golf to get my point across and by no means did I copy and paste anything.
well then u wasted alot of time, cuz no ones gives a shit about golf :lol:

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
14 is mine.

My putting is probably the best aspect of my game. If I am ever unfortunate to get a ball in a bunker, I can hit the ball really well out of the bunker.

My drives aern't up to scratch, but the rest of my game is.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts