Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it wasn't for that awful call, Groth would have been leading 4-1 in the 2nd set TB. Instead of that, he lost 4 points in a row (from 3-1 to 3-5). Of course, he ended that mugfest with a DF.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Richie has now lost about his last 15 bp in a row if you count the end of the Wimbledon match with Nick K. He was 0-5today. Good for him to get a win and put that Wimbledon loss behind him.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
close call for Gasquet but he got through, he's very likely to win this week given the challenger field

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
sam :hug: expected result though

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Agree with OP about 2nd tie-break, Groth hit 1st serve on the body and it went from Gasquet out - so was unreturnable serve but linesman called it out, umpire corrected it so 1st serve again for Groth, but it should have been 4-1- if it was really IN- i think there is no hawk eye there and Gasquet himself showed with racquet it was OUT, anyway Gasquet deserved to win 2nd tie-break he had 5BP´s and Groth 0, about this match it was just like i predicted, Gasquet won, because he is better player, but he wasn´t able to do anyhting on Groth´s 1st serve, while Groth in rallies was joke and couldn ´t do anything on Gasquet´s service games - so Groth himself had 0BP´s in this match, i expected Gasquet with 1 break and 1tie-break win, but win is win, Groth should learn how to play from baseline, not rushing net all the time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts