67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah!!! solid performance, could have been even easier

into the sfs, vs gasquet now :drool:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
against gasquet will be a better judge of how focused Tomic is at this time

Tomic now trying more than before, falling out of top 100 was probably best thing that happened to him
Tomic falling out of the top 100 was one of the best things for Tennis. It demonstated to the current 20 and under brigade how you can waste your talent if you do not focus

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Not a great match but Tomic showed he is a class above Pospisil. Pospisil hit some good shots but all Tomic had to do was get the ball back and Pospisil usually shanked it into the net or out of the court. I guess that's what these "underachieving, talent for all to see" players do. :lol:

I'm guessing from the cold handshake at the net, Pospisil and Tomic aren't the best of friends.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Last year I thought Pospisil would be top 20 and challenge Milos Raonic. I admit I was WRONG by a mile! Milos is number six for a reason he is consistent and does not lose to low ranked players. But now I see Pospisil is just too inconsistent. The good news Pospisil he won a round this week and I hope he feels better and no back pain. The bad news for Pospsil if he does NOT do well in Montreal he will drop out of the top 50 he has 360 points to defend. Pospisil will also lose 100 ATP points he won a challenger last summer too. Pospisil might need a sports psychologist. The guy has the talent to be top 20 but he has got to get consistent or else it might not happen.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Not a great match but Tomic showed he is a class above Pospisil. Pospisil hit some good shots but all Tomic had to do was get the ball back and Pospisil usually shanked it into the net or out of the court. I guess that's what these "underachieving, talent for all to see" players do. :lol:

I'm guessing from the cold handshake at the net, Pospisil and Tomic aren't the best of friends.
Pospisil beat Gasquet and Berdych last year just saying. Tomic lost to Berdych at Wimbledon but Pospisil beat him last year in Montreal. I know Pospisil lost today but he has won big matches in his career.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sure but still wimbledon qfs beat all that vasek has achieved so far

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Pospisil beat Gasquet and Berdych last year just saying. Tomic lost to Berdych at Wimbledon but Pospisil beat him last year in Montreal. I know Pospisil lost today but he has won big matches in his career.
everyone knows pospisil is a different beast playing in canada . he plays about 50x better in canada than he does anywhere else. that rogers cup semi is massively propping him up right now.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
True but vasek is only twenty four he really might need to see a shrink I am serious. The guy has a lot of talent but I think he doubts himself too often.
bernie is 21...

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
everyone knows pospisil is a different beast playing in canada . he plays about 50x better in canada than he does anywhere else. that rogers cup semi is massively propping him up right now.
Pospisil also had a big semifinal in Basel but you did not mention that one either. Pospisil does play well outside of canada he is a Wimbledon champion.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts