Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bogo at the changeover after losing the 1st set to Bellucci just asked the tournament director if he would be fined if he quit the match, without citing any injury. Apparently he can't be bothered and doesn't want to be there any longer. Just like the commentators said, I've never heard that from a player.

What do you think? Another evidence of an overloaded season? Do you think other players think this way without outwardly expressing it, especially at this time of the season?

Fleming is calling it "an inexplicable and extraordinary comment"

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I guess it could be related to all that USA/Russia Davis Cup drama. If it got too much on his nerves, I can see why his head won't really be in the game right now.

·
Registered
13,100 Posts
Now he faces Bellucci, is one set down, but since Bellucci has some issues, I wanna know if Bogo will give up if he breaks Bellucci in the second set. :rolleyes:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
he's a tool

he could have just tanked without the need to make those idiotic comments

·
Registered
717 Posts
It must be a joke or he's an idiot. A journeyman player finally reaches career high and gets to play events like this and now he wants to quit without a reason? A 6 months ban should get the juices going again? Maybe he feels like playing after that?

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Bogomolov doesn't even look like he's trying, just going for big serves or trying to hit winners off every groundstroke. It would be very funny if he won this set.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This Davis cup thing must really be weighing heavily on his mind. doesn't look happy to be out there at all, despite the fact that he out of all people should be very motivated to be here competing at this level. it's not as if he's done it all his career.

Hah, Bellucci just kicked the ball at the linesman. Might have both players getting fined.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
:haha: I kind of love him now, even though he's still a traitor to my country(ha, like I give a shit). If I'd play tennis I'd probably storm off in a huff the moment I got broken.

·
Registered
10,248 Posts
WTF is wrong with him? :stupid:

He is playing an ATP 1000 MASTERS match, with loads of points and cash available (not to mention it's a winnable match, he's not playing Nadal or Fed) and he wants to quit?????

We'll see what happens later, maybe he was missunderstood or something.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
it's not like he isnt trying

if he didnt want to be there he would have lost it already

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
In the 2nd set he's playing like he DOES want to be there...

·
Registered
13,295 Posts

I´d say fat supervisor has warned him about a possible fine bc of "lack of effort", that´s why he´s trying. But you can see in his body language since first games that his mind was elsewhere.

Btw, Bellucci is sooo hopeless :haha:

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

He hasn't won a point on Bellucci serve in the last 3 service games but he's doing fine on his own serve. Doesn't seem like Bogo wants to move much though and Bellucci has been throwing in some drop shots.

·
Vault Hunter
6,521 Posts
In the 2nd set he's playing like he DOES want to be there...
yeah but 1st set he didn't, he had so many BP on Bellucci's serve and he couldn't (didn't want to) break and it wasn't like Bellucci was saving all those BP with great tennis. Bogo played careless that 1st set.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
I´d say fat supervisor has warned him about a possible fine bc of "lack of effort", that´s why he´s trying. But you can see in his body language since first games that his mind was elsewhere.
but he could have just DFed at BP and would be over by now

bizarre behaviour

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Might have said it to put off Bellucci. He did say it loud enough for the tv cameras to pick up, so Bellucci probably heard it. Not sure what would be better really..

1 - 20 of 62 Posts