Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Marat Loses 6-7, 6-4, 6-7 to Bobby Reynolds.

Can't believe there's no thread yet. Or does no one expect Marat to win a match anymore :sad:

15,883 Posts
Re: Marat Loses 6-7, 6-4, 6-7 to Bobby Reynolds.

You are such a loser Marat :retard:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Safin loses again

he led 3-1 in the final TB and should have won the TB easily if it wasn't for his DFs and unforced errors. As much as I like safin he really is DONE there's no hope for him whatsoever.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Ehm... thanks for the cash Bobby! :rolleyes: and congrats of course...

Marat! :speakles: :mad: :eek: :eek: :silly: :tape: :help:

·
Registered
17,684 Posts

the worst mistake Marat did was not having that knee op in 2005

he didnt wanna be out for a few months...... he was out for months without having the op (no logic there :eek: )

well its better than playing like a club player like he is now :sad:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

Marat has lost 5 TBs in a row now but don't let the scoreline deceive. Reynolds won far more points (114-101) and had chances to finish it earlier.

7 DFs for Safin including a crucial one in the final set TB. :retard:
Surely it's over now.

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Re: Bobby Reynolds defeats Mugat Safin 7-6(3) 4-6 7-6(5)

Wasn't Donald Young just excoriated on this board for losing to Reynolds? :lol:

·
Registered
10,204 Posts

:retard:

Mugat cannot win a single match anymore. Scoreline suggests there was a fight, he fought hard, but with all his experience still couldnt finish it.
And its Reynolds :retard:, loss like this to Blake or some top 50 player would be acceptable, but not to Reynolds.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

I want to see him get a WC for Monte-Carlo and play either Guga or Coria in the 1st round.

·
Registered
451 Posts

I want to see him get a WC for Monte-Carlo and play either Guga or Coria in the 1st round.
:haha::haha:

the battle of the past champions now completely gone....I am so very sad for him; honestly, that's the 3rd season in a row that he tries to make a comeback and everything is just going for the worst for him...and at some point he seemed to be starting to play better and then this year he seemed to have started sharper at Kooyong...

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts

it's just sad.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

Sad result... but promising scoreline. Hopefully something starts to click for the big guy.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts

Obviously there will be differing opinions on this, but as far as I'm concerned this puts Mugat at an all-time low. Admittedly, I know little about Reynolds, but I've never thought of him as more than a journeyman, and even currently calling Safin by that tag would be showing him undeserved respect.

Hope things pick up for him...not like they can get a whole lot worse.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

Really sad for Safin. His match against Baggy at the AO was promising but it looks as if he's completely gone now. Knowing what he's capable of, the downfall he's had is really a shame. I'd be more than satisfied if he could even find his late 2006 form. That was a good time for tennis.

Anyway, good win for Bobby but he will never really amount to anything. 3R at the AO will be the highlight of his career I think.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts