·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Robby from 1-3 to 6-4 6-0 ... Great :D

Reactions: GermanBoy

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
He was bending over a bit like he wanted to vomit...

I've never seen Ginepri play before, and the two secs they showed on CBS didn't give me any impressions...

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Gasquet did as well as he could in the four sets before, but in the fifth set he was just not able anymore to put up any more resistence. But the fourth round isn't too bad at all for his first try, he will come back stronger and healthy next year I hope!

Congrats Ginepri for your result there, great achievement! :yeah:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Ginepri's just really, really fit. Wow.

Except that he looks like motorcycle gangster and I hate him.

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
Richard :sad:

What a pity. At least he put up a fight. Asking for a 3rd consecutive five-set win would have been too much. If he had been able to serve normally, he no doubt could have pulled this out.

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
Congrats to Ginepri he faught hard and at the end he was the last man standing, richard just didnt have it in him! I knew when he lost the 4th he was just a gonna but i have to say they both did play fantastically at the beginning and again congrats Ginepri

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
Two bad for Gasquet up 2 sets and a break...
At the end he was very tired as the road to this 4th round was very long, too long for Gasquet, he failed to save energy in the -on the paper- easier matches against Galimberti and Montanes and he was clearly hampered by his ellbow problems which resulted in his weak serve.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
willie said:
im so sad for richard:sad:
coria is gonna destroy ginepri.
Willie :haha: You are a funny guy, that is why I like you so much... ;)

Prabu opening a thread about Robby... :eek:

Neely, schläfst Du auch direkt hinter dem PC? :rolleyes: :eek:

Robby :hearts: :yeah: :bounce:

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
:yeah: Robby

:sad: Richie

Reactions: GermanBoy

·
Registered
21,867 Posts
silverwhite said:
Is the match worth watching, BTW? I taped it while I was out but I don't think I could bear watching it. :sad:
I thought the first 3 sets were amazing maybe towards the end u mite not wanna see :p I thought he was gonna cry during the 5th

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
silverwhite said:
Is the match worth watching, BTW? I taped it while I was out but I don't think I could bear watching it. :sad:
If you have only limited time then watch the 2nd and 3rd set only. My view: the fifth set was a blowout, in the first set Gasquet struggled to find any rhythm and the fourth set was only good for the first few games and after that was too one-sided from Gasquet's point of view and it was the start of Ginepri's cruise to victory.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
:bigcry: Richard...
WD Ginepri for hanging there in the fourth set! :yeah: But it's so frustrating that Richard had no more gas and this elbow problem...So sad. He could have fought better and it would have been closer in the end... :sad:
I'm happy he didn't retire after the the fourth set though! He stayed and got bagelled but he stayed! ;)
What a run considering the conditions! Rest and cure this elbow Richard and then come back strong! :)

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
silverwhite said:
Never try to watch the 5th set if you are a Richi fan which you obviously are. The TB of the 3rd set was superb from Richi :worship:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
GermanBoy said:
Willie :haha: You are a funny guy, that is why I like you so much... ;)
In this case he is right. I'm also predicting that Coria will wear down Ginepri in cruel fashion, I see almost no chance for Ginepri to win this match. Coria's style is so different, unlike Gasquet or Haas he will frustrate the hell out of Ginepri by retrieving more and more shots and most of all he has of all sort of variations. Only chance for Ginepri is to overpower Coria, but he would need to play an almost perfect match then.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts