Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Entertaining match to watch, you got to give it to Youzhny, he's a great competitor. Blake was just a little better today in the big moments. It's great to see James win a big match like this, he played very well. :worship:
It's not looking too bright for Russia, with the Bryans up tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Good for James to win a close match.

So he choked serving for it @ 5-4.

all can be forgiven since he still won in 4.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Great play overall from Blake - pretty poor play on the part of Youzhny. You gotta give it to Blake, though - he's the biggest head case there is. With the clear advantage in play he had, it's a miracle he let this match get this close. The only reason it was is because Youzhny is so much better mentally, because clearly, Blake's advantage in this match was greater than the score indicates.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
congrats USA :yeah:

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
If Mike and Bob win tomorrow, I'd LOVE to see PMAC put Donald Young and John Isner in for the dead rubbers. Just to give them the experience.

Reactions: ataptc and WhataQT

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If Mike and Bob win tomorrow, I'd LOVE to see PMAC put Donald Young and John Isner in for the dead rubbers. Just to give them the experience.
Only the guys on the 4 player roster can play.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,845 Posts
:worship:
What a great fun match to watch. I totally enjoy watching both these guys play no matter win or lose.
Kudos to Blake who can run down just about anything and Youzhny's glorious down the line backhand.

But USA USA USA ;)

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Good effort indeed from Blake there to thug it out - it got very dicey after the fairly comfortable first set.

Somehow he found a way to get it done in the clutch moments and this tie is now pretty much over as a contest - I can't see at all the Russians now scoring a win over the Bryans, Roddick & Blake to take the final 3 rubbers. Frankly they needed both Blake points and then either 1 from Roddick or somehow the doubles and that's screwed now so it looks like Dream Come True time for Roddick & the boys.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
About time Blake gets a point for the USA. All year long it's been the Roddick & Bryans show, with Blake turning up lame time and time again. What a time to do it though; finals!

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
About time Blake gets a point for the USA. All year long it's been the Roddick & Bryans show, with Blake turning up lame time and time again. What a time to do it though; finals!
Yep, no question it was time he stepped up and delivered one for the team effort.

He can hold his head high now though - when they lift the trophy, probably tomorrow, he'll do it knowing he got it done when it counted.

·
Mom 2 2 Beauties
11,927 Posts
It's always nice to see one of the big boys choke serving for the set/match (just like us recreational hacks do).

Didn't see the first set. And as I've been impressed with what little I've seen of Youzhny before...I wasn't surprised to see three straight tiebreaks. As an American, I'm glad James won....but dang, dude, did you have to make it so close?

Indeed, an entertaining match even without too many extended rallies. Nice backhand from the Russian today. Nice to see James pull it out after seemingly choking it away.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts