Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grosjean had the match in his hands TWICE (up *4-1 in the third and 4-1 in the TB) but choked it away. Blake took advantage and was physically more prepared for a fifth set. So congrats James on winning your first five setter, coming back from 2 sets to love.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Brilliant comebacks from James. :worship:
He trailed 4-1 two breaks down in the 4th set and also 4-1 and 5-3 down in the 4th set tiebreak. :eek:
Grosjean played very well, especially off the backhand wing, but he needed to close it out in 4 sets to win this one, as he was fatigued in the 5th.
Next, Gonzalez or Cilic.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Flake def Gross Jeans 4-6 2-6 6-0 7-6 6-2

Grosjean you clown. 4-1 and double break in the 4th, and 4-1 in the breaker.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Amazing fight from Blake.

Both players played phenomenally well. Blake demonstrated fight known to players like Coria and Nadal to fight back from a 1-4 deficit in the 4th set. He played a thrilling tie -break where he overcame a man on a mission.

There were so many nail biting points. Grosjean's finesse and touch can only be admired; he, too, played a tremendous match.

I am extremely excited for Blake. My heart goes out to Grosjean. It's hard to fight a determined man and his hands.

·
Registered
317 Posts
:woohoo:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Strategic tank by James - he wanted to avoid a revision from last year when he lost to Gonzalez in the 4th round. Seriously speaking by dint of poor 5-set record he is helpless in the Grand Slam tournaments after losing a first set and being a break down in the second. He hasn't self-confidence to reverse a bad situation.

Wait a minute, OMG, what the fuck?!

Has he won first time in his 75th attempt the best of three match from 0-2 sets down? And 1:4 down in the fourth set with double break, and 1:4 in the tie-break with two mini-breaks against one of the best tie-breakers? A miracle! :crazy: The new American Aaron Krickstein is born. Now go James to the title :rocker2:

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Re: James "5 set killa" Blake d. Grosjean - 4-6, 2-6, 6-0, 7-6(5), 6-2.

Amazing stuff Blake. Never knew he had it in him.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Five threads :lol:

Great job Blake. :yeah: That DC win has done a lot more for him than it has for Roddick.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Re: AO R3: Blake def. Grosjean 4-6 2-6 6-0 7-6(5) 6-2

James was given a little bit of help on this win, and I hope he is humble enough to accept that reality.

I felt bad for Seb, his heart was there but he just couldn't make his poor legs move in the last set. I like him, he seems like a decent man and I hope he has a good year.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

FLAKE :hearts::inlove:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Retire Grosjean , you fucking clown

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Losing a five set match to Blake is embarassing.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Re: Flake def Gross Jeans 4-6 2-6 6-0 7-6 6-2

What a clown losing to the 5 set gimp of the tour.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Amazing stuff from Blake seriously, he pissed me off as he usually does, but way to hang in there and get your second 5 set win.

Seb, love ya but but up two sets and 2 breaks and you lost it? Surreal, talent, seriously.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts

Poor Seb. I felt so sorry for him. Really unlucky not keeping that double break in the fourth set. As soon as it went to a fifth, he had no chance at all. He just played a 5 setter against Haase, and he's getting older now so I knew the match was Blake's for the taking.

I hope this isn't the last time we see Seb in Australia. :awww: :sobbing:

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
I love James but I honestly never saw him pulling this one out after the first two sets, and then being down two breaks in the forth.. and then the tiebreak! Great great fight by James! And keeping his emotions in check was fantastic. Thank you James!! :kiss:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts