Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Neely said:
Well played by Blake again. I thought that Robredo would go up 2-0 sets, but then Blake turned it around before the end of the 2nd set.

What a surprise with Blake to see him in the quarterfinals!
Blake certainly took complete advantage of Tommy's choke job in the 2nd. Blake did not turn it around. Tommy handed it to him in a platter in the 2nd. Blake was really flat in the first two sets but kudos to him for going for the kill at the first sniff of blood. In the 3rd and 4th, he started playing like the James Blake who won over Nadal.

I am really happy that he is able to keep it together mentally. His match against Agassi will be very interesting.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Great job James :yeah: I really hope he makes it to the semis :woohoo:

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Like both players,but I fell asleep and missed this match. :eek:
Not surprised the result.Congrats James, :yeah: congrats Tommy to take a set too. :)

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
cobalt60 said:
What is important is that James won!!!! He is playing great tennis; so keep up being patient and going for the shots at the right time! Next- Agassi
I agree Cobalt! I'm so happy James is doing so well here! What a great story.

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
The J-Block.

I really do sense a double standard at times.

When guys like Hewitt show all their emotions on the court, positive and negative...some people talk about tennis being a gentleman's sport and bad 'gamesmanship' and not being fair on the opponent. When Hewitt celebrates a double fault of his opponent during a crucial time of the match, he's called a jerk. So when his fans say that the other guy needs to be mentally tough enough, that defence is dismissed. After all, it's a gentleman's sport and showing your emotions like that is not fair.

The J-Block were cheering loudly for James. I have no problem with that at all (on the contrary, I can understand it that they are very happy to see James doing so well) but cheering mistakes of the opponent and taunting the opponent is too much but then all of a sudden...when others say that they go a bit far in their support for their James, people who complain about it need to stop being so sensitive about it? :confused:

Double standard. One guy has a cinderella story so everything is good.
The other one has a negative image so people are less lenient towards him.

One of the reasons why I like Hewitt is that I have seen him give strong performances when the public was very aggressive towards him. That USO match against Sampras sticks out for me. Hostile crowd but he gave them the best possible answer: beat the other guy in front of his own crowd. Best way to shut them up.
And that's what all the opponents of Blake need to do: answer with the racquet and prepare yourself for that crowd.

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
:woohoo: :woohoo: :worship:

·
Registered
319 Posts
big congrats to james
good luck, hope to see him in the final :bounce:

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
Great comeback by James. :yeah: Honestly, in the first two sets James seemed to be asleep. He played awful and looked as if he didn´t realize that he´s on the court. But after Tommys little breakdown when he was serving for the set (I think he hit 2 dfs in that service game), he was totally on fire and played like a man possesed. Sadly :sad: , I wasn´t surprised that Tommy wasn´t able to win the match after he blew the chance to go up by 2-0 sets. But still he put up a great fight and didn´t give up. :yeah: James was just the better player in the end.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great match James! Now destroy Agassi aswell =)
The J-Block is a different story though, I dont know these people, but they seem like a bunch of idiots to me.

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's not too late Tommy! Get someone to teach you how to close a game, set and a match for crying out loud. That second set was yours.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts