Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite solid from James, a lot of forehand winners and quite a few backhand ones. Sometimes too tentative on returns. I noticed at the end of the match that James grimaced a few times and touched his abdomen :(. I hope nothing serious.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Melzer had no looks on Blake's serve, while Blake had tons of looks on Melzer's serve. Melzer was lucky to get that many games.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Blake could of delievered some breadsticks and bagels the amount of looks he had on Melzer's serve. But Melzer played very well when down, and credit to Blake, he didn't get frustrated and was very patient.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
To all the people that say that Blake hasn't beaten anyone in the top 40 this year: He has beaten Carlos Moya twice, who is #18 in the rankings. Also, Melzer is #33 in the rankings. :)
Oh yeah, also Hyung-Taik Lee is in the top 40.
So four wins for James over ATP top 40, when all of MTF says he hasn't beaten anybody there.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
To all the people that say that Blake hasn't beaten anyone in the top 40 this year: He has beaten Carlos Moya twice, who is #18 in the rankings. Also, Melzer is #33 in the rankings. :)
Oh yeah, also Hyung-Taik Lee is in the top 40.
So four wins for James over ATP top 40, when all of MTF says he hasn't beaten anybody there.
Lee was 42th when Blake beated him.

Moya was 41st and 44th when Blake beated him.

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Not that bad as I would have expected Jürgen to be after his little break, I thought he would come out playing much worse. Glad his wrist seems to be fine.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Blake's FH was better than it has been of late. It wasn't all that impressive in LA or Indy like it usually is. He always does hit crazy errors, but he usually hits powerful winners galore as well which wasn't happening the past two tournaments.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Good win Jimbo :yeah:

He usually (does his best to) step it up to play better for his competition in tougher matches, and hopefully he brings his A game (if not at least some solid B- stuff) tomorrow for Hewitt.

COME ON JAMES :bounce:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts