Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A convincing win for James, just like deja vu of his previous match vs Massu. Just 20 UE and 34 winners and 50 % points won on Russell serve. Looking forward to 4th round encounter with Gonzalez.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
:hatoff: JB
Too bad for Mike though.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
At first he should win Grosjean, and only than he can think about Gonzalez!

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
very convincing start of the tournament

Grosjean is tough but also might be tired from the marathon with haase

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The early loss in Sydney was a good thing for Blake, it gave him some extra rest.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
The early loss in Sydney was a good thing for Blake, it gave him some extra rest.
Complete Agree! Early loss is a great thing for James.

I don't want he to play that kind of Tournaments.

If he haven't play so much tennis before USOPEN last year, He could make it to Semi Final to play Roger, even He lose, He would still get more points than He did in New Haven, Connecticut

Forget about those Tournaments, Focus on Master and GS, James has limit energy because He's getting older,

He's not 18, He is now 28

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Blake is usually convincing when playing against inferior opponents. His troubles begin when he has to play someone equal or superior. That´s when he would have to come up with something else than his standard game, and that´s what he´s rarely capable of doing. I still can´t see Blake going very far in this tournament, but I could be totally wrong...

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
James. :yeah: Keep on :drive:

Blake is usually convincing when playing against inferior opponents. His troubles begin when he has to play someone equal or superior.
That's an interesting theory because when I see someone like Rafael Nadal, "inferior opponent" would never cross my mind.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Blake is usually convincing when playing against inferior opponents. His troubles begin when he has to play someone equal or superior. That´s when he would have to come up with something else than his standard game, and that´s what he´s rarely capable of doing. I still can´t see Blake going very far in this tournament, but I could be totally wrong...
It's funny then how Blake is undefeated against 5 of the current top 10, and only has a losing record to 4 of the 15 players ranked above him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts