Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blake was hitting the ball extremely well, probably better than I have ever seen him do. He didn't allow a single break point. If he comes out and serves like this again (66%) or something close to it, doesn't make too many unforced errors, he will give Nadal a battle. I expect Nadal to play the way he did in Canada--more aggressively and standing closer to the baseline. Otherwise, Blake can really move him around and end points at the net.

In any case, great win for Blake.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think blake has a great chance to beat nadal . he's playing inspired tennis. plus he'll realy get the crowd behind him.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
megadeth said:
i think blake has a great chance to beat nadal today. he's playing inspired tennis. plus he'll realy get the crowd behind him.
Yeah, I would say so. Good luck Blake.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
A very impressive performance by Blake, if he can play like this against Rafa it will be quite a match.

Those grunts by Igor were orgasmic :inlove:

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Sigh, such a disappointing match for Igor. I really hope he can have a good year next year by playing more consistently. Blake certainly played well tho.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
To go through what has and now to be playing his best tennis....it's quite amazing really.
Right. So I hope he doesn't get caught up in just being happy to be in the 3rd round. I hope he has his head together and plays as well as he can.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think Blake has played his best tennis ever since he beat Rusedski and even better against Andreev. His serve was great and he hit too many winners strokes and passings straight in the line. It was awesome watching him playing and the crowd was amazing, they were there to support him in every shots...

He'll have a chance to beat Nadal but it will be hard cuz Nadal is also playing his best tennis ever... Let's hope in 5 sets that would be awesome!!

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Incredible play by Blake tonight. Very good. It was fun to watch. Andreev without chance to win this match from the first game until the last one. In order to beat Blake tonight or give him a closer battle, Andreev would have needed more easy points off his serve (any service winners or aces) and a straight and plain forehand shot going through the ball, but he doesn't have this one shot when rallying. His topspin forehands which he is playing are as always with lots pressure behind them but they weren't fast enough and too long in the air to break Blake's fantastic defense as Blake was not hurt by the spin at all. The opposite, Blake smacked the ball over the net in impressive fashion, smashed winners right and left, was going to Andreev's backhand, punished Andreev if the forehand side was open wide.

And I want to note that Andreev did come to play today: he didn't tank one single point and he tried throughout the match. His attitude was perfect today, and those who know how a tank of Andreev or an Andreev who is not in the mood to play looks will agree with me. He could not deliver his very best, but simply great match by Blake. :worship:

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Congrats Blake.

BUT

Pigs will fly before Blake beats Nadal.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Well done James! :bigclap:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
mangoes said:
Pigs will fly before Blake beats Nadal.
I hope so, Nadal really needs to be careful about this match. Good luck in advance for him! :yeah:

For my preference, of course the only man that can realistically beat Federer currently and who is not afraid of him should remain as long as possible in the tournament ;)

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Well done James! :woohoo:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think it's safe to say that the winner between rafa and james automatcially books a slot to meet andre in the quarters. ;)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Andreev has really dissapointed me. I have never seen him play before and my expectations were a lot higher than what he has showed. If this guy ever reaches top 20, the world will come to an end.

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Rosa Luxembourg said:
Andreev has really dissapointed me. I have never seen him play before and my expectations were a lot higher than what he has showed. If this guy ever reaches top 20, the world will come to an end.
Well, he did play absolutely abysmally tonight, but it still isn't much of an excuse for him being so inconsistent. He can play so much better, but his problem this year has obviously been a lack of consistency. For every good match, there are two or three bad matches.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts