1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Extreme leftists are like that. Common sense leftists on the other hand, well, have common sense. A lot of what he says are strawman arguments that I don't think apply to common sense leftists (most people aren't super political you know).

·
Registered
14,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Extreme leftists are like that. Common sense leftists on the other hand, well, have common sense. A lot of what he says are strawman arguments that I don't think apply to common sense leftists (most people aren't super political you know).
Except, almost everyone out of touch or a casual left observer will think racism is a huge issue in America and if they are in America or know of BLM, will support it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Except, almost everyone out of touch or a casual left observer will think racism is a huge issue in America and if they are in America or know of BLM, will support it.
I agree that the media will blown everything out of proportion (right-wind media will do the same), and that in the day to day experience racism is a non-issue and everybody gets along just fine (at least in my experience living almost 10yr in the US). However, I do believe there are structural issues about race (however, I have no idea how to solve them. Humans are complicated). My main point is that most leftists have views that are way more nuanced that what was posted in the video.

·
Registered
14,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that the media will blown everything out of proportion (right-wind media will do the same), and that in the day to day experience racism is a non-issue and everybody gets along just fine (at least in my experience living almost 10yr in the US). However, I do believe there are structural issues about race (however, I have no idea how to solve them. Humans are complicated). My main point is that most leftists have views that are way more nuanced that what was posted in the video.
They don't, though. You refer to a very small fraction of classical liberals which don't represent the public anymore. Definitely not leftists.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts