Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,757 Posts
Merton said:
The threads that tend to prosper these days involve gossiping, personal attacks or preposterous statements. This thread does not meet these requirements for MTF prosperity.
Very true most of the time, but remember there are select threads with fantastic longevity that are updated/bumped regularly. :)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
After reading Borg's comments about grass in the second week of Wimbly...a began to really wonder...why did Lendl insist on serving and vollying if the surface was like clay in the second week...To me...this was one of the worst strategies in the history of tennis...that he made it to so many semis and two finals was incredible...BUT, had he followed Borg's opinions...he might have won had he stayed back... :sad:

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Sjengster said:
This is from a biography of him published in 1980, when he was still playing the game, and this section focuses on his opinion that conventional thinking about tennis can often be wrong and shouldn't be followed rigidly by players. It's interesting, because it shows how much tennis has changed with new racquet technology but there are some aspects that are still relevant today, especially considering the success of Nadal.
Thoughts?
i saw borg and have many many of his big matches on dvd. he is the man of the highest marks in my estimation, though i see little that could stop federer from at least making an emormous bid to be seen in that most prized position of accomplishment...MY top spot! :lol:

however, a number of these points, ie hitting the ball on the rise, have to do with tennis truths with a wood racquet so he is speaking the truth on many things which are only antiquated due to the tools of the sport and what was possible to do then vs. now. still, great reading. thanks!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts