Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm about 67 and just learned about this "forum" concept. I had quite a journey today, I created a mail then joined this forum, first I posted wrongly in women's forums. I hope I'm in correct folder now. Excuse my age and lack of technical knowledge. Btw, he created my email ... my real name is Marco ... not too sure who is Brian Curyfford ... I guess a cartoon hero.

I was a big Bjorn Borg fan when I was younger, I really like to watch some of his good matches in good quality with my grandson (trying to make this a surprise for him).I checked youtube but the quality of full matches are really poor, you can see players' moves but not the ball, haha. I did some research and it seems t3nnis website can be a place, I asked for invite code for that.

Can you guys give me some advice about where and how I can find some quality of matches of Borg, it really feels good to share some good old memories with my grandson.

I also love tennis, use to play when I was young ... it would be fun to discuss things with you guys. I assume you guys are mostly Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic fans. I guarantee Borg could have the record if not retired at 26 ... or Laver if 6 years of his career was not spent without grand slam ... don't take this grumpy old man too seriously.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the forum- I don't know where to find high quality matches for you but here is a link to youtube with the Borg-Lendl match from RG in 1981.

I agree by the way, Borg could have achieved alot more had he played for longer, he was so talented winning the French and Wimbledon in a time when the tournament surfaces were so different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, I saw that but you know kids these days, they really like something with good quality. So, I'm planing to find out if I can buy some quality DVDs or learn about tontrent.

Borg not only retired so early, but barely participated in Australian Open. He was obsessed with Calendar Slam, so wanted to win US Open first.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
There was a DVD out of several of his Wimbledon matches - might have been the 1980 final, might have been whichever year it was against Gerulaitis. But unfortunately there's not nearly so much footage of the 80s out there in all sorts of subjects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts