Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Extremely impressive from 18 year old Escobedo. He has a very big serve and was able to break down Garanganga's erratic game for a set and looked poised to break early in the second. But Garanganga hung on, and started targeting Escobedo's backhand ruthlessly, coming in on it a lot. Escobedo looked tired and maybe hurt at the end and Garanganga capitalized on that. But promising future for Escobedo seems likely. Garanganga had a foot fault 2nd serve called on MP but rebounded, thank god.

I think this may be Garanganga's first career challenger semi (he beat Rhyne Williams yesterday), which is awesome for one of the most entertaining players on the tour. He has Odesnik in semi if I am not mistaken, as Klahn pulled out.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Extremely impressive from 18 year old Escobedo. He has a very big serve and was able to break down Garanganga's erratic game for a set and looked poised to break early in the second. But Garanganga hung on, and started targeting Escobedo's backhand ruthlessly, coming in on it a lot. Escobedo looked tired and maybe hurt at the end and Garanganga capitalized on that. But promising future for Escobedo seems likely. Garanganga had a foot fault 2nd serve called on MP but rebounded, thank god.

I think this may be Garanganga's first career challenger semi (he beat Rhyne Williams yesterday), which is awesome for one of the most entertaining players on the tour. He has Odesnik in semi if I am not mistaken, as Klahn pulled out.
+ Knoxville last year ;)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Great win for Takanyi! Has potential to be top 100-150 player if he gets his shit together. Remind me of Dustin Brown.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
we need this garanganga guy into top 200 asap

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
If he wins this challenger (which is unlikely to happen), he will be 205 in the race or so.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Go Ganja! Great win, and Escobedo making a CH QF is also news.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why, cause they're both skinny black dudes? Their games aren't very similar, Brown is a lot smoother and hits way harder and plays more touch shots.
They are both flashy, inconsistent all court players with big serves and high risk second serves. And both very emotional on court.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
They are both flashy, inconsistent all court players with big serves and high risk second serves. And both very emotional on court.
True. Dustin has much better touch at the net and obviously goes to the net more, but their groundstrokes/serves are similar. I actually like Takanyi's groundstrokes more, but his serve is not as good as Dustin's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts