First time i watched Donaldson, his tantrums are pretty pathetic

I'm glad he's out :bigwave:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Re: Binghamton CH R2: Cox def. Donaldson 2-6 6-4 6-4

First time i watched Donaldson, his tantrums are pretty pathetic

I'm glad he's out :bigwave:
saw him as well the first time, had a bet on Cox, but got to say that Donaldson was by far the better tennisplayer, got some huge weapons

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Re: Binghamton CH R2: Cox def. Donaldson 2-6 6-4 6-4

Yes, how dare a 17 year old display emotion.

Funny how you don't mention how his 24 year old opponent was the one staring down Donaldson's dad for daring to cheer on his son :lol:

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not blaming him for showing emotion but he was overreacting most of the time

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Wish I could have seen the match. Donaldson is SO talented (having won his last 16 matches prior to this one), but definitely has some growing up to do. I'm surprised that Donaldson is given zero WCs given his age, record, and talent.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Well Cox is in a precarious place with the ranking, "points wise" so he has to enter Challengers to get any significant points . Either that or he needs to make semi's every future . So I can see why he's entering Challenger's but with the players he's beaten so far he might as well of been playing a futures . ( expect better) come on Cox .

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts
Donaldson has been on a tear in the futures, and at 17 I want to see him do well.

He gonna have more chances in the future, next week probably

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Ow yeah definetly . He'll have to play better thought .
Cox will be the favourite with bookmakers I'm sure for his quarter final match. Doubt he has the weapons to harm Stakhovsky in the semis however.

As for this match I too had a small bet on Cox, and while Donaldson clearly has the better game, he doesn't have the temperament of Cox who really knuckled down and fought in this match. Donaldson really kept getting on Coxs nerves and in the end I think this helped motivate Cox to win this one. Must say it was a decent match considering I watched King-Nevolo earlier:eek:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
yeah! very nice result here, and nice chance to make the semis as well next

well done cox =D

·
Registered
282 Posts
JD definitely has some weapons, and if put to use in the right way, can be successful on the tour in the future. Yeah, he complained a bit and got down on himself, but its all part of the growing process, playing more matches, playing more tournaments on a higher level.
Cox needs to keep to himself, play his game and not worry what the opponent is doing. You make yourself out to be an ass when you start calling across the net at your opponent.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Completely agree. Cox was right to get annoyed with him for questioning every call but then he quickly turned douchey when he started to make it personal.
Cox is a right nasty little bastard on court. He frequently tries to unsettle his opponents, especially inexperienced youngsters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts