Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Older members are surely familiar with the name.

I remember that in Djokovic's incredible 2011 season, Fish was one of the very few players that could give the Serb fits and a tough time on the court.

Fish scored victories over Nadal and Federer, but more importantly, he was an incredible ballstriker. Hit the ball clean off both wings and had a sharp and crisp volley.

Mental problems forced him retire early.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts

I remember that in Djokovic's incredible 2011 season, Fish was one of the very few players that could give the Serb fits and a tough time on the court.

Fish scored victories over Nadal and Federer, but more importantly, he was an incredible ballstriker. Hit the ball clean off both wings and had a sharp and crisp volley.

What are your thoughts?
Let's see Fish showed how to face peak Djokovic around those years who was unbeatable. In few words a frontal , one - two punch game off both wings and serve lights out . No other way around that as shown by Fed . Do NOT engage him from the back . Based on that I could agree but failing that Fish strokes proved unstsable so how you gotta sustain such a high risk game ? Fish couldn't and failed like so many ... on that I wouldn't consider him an underachiever

·
9,510 Posts
Gulbis

·
Banned
70,522 Posts

What are your thoughts?
come on. a minimum of following recent tennis and you will remember mardy...no need to be an old member

Reactions: Triggervic

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
One of the few Americans with a decent backhand... His serve was also really good.

His weight was varying a lot too, from being quite fit (even possibly too lean) to close to 10 kg overweight.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Fish was a mediocre player for all of his career than suddenly at the end he became a machine and I remember he was dominating Murray in about 3 or 4 straight matches.He busted into the top 10 even.

Something was fishy about that depression and mental health charade. He always seemed like a normal regular funny sharp guy. Would not be shocked if that was a cover for something else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts