Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 13.5%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Safin in the list because givin his talent he should have won many more slams

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Even though they achieved far more than many of the names of the list (especially Safin), it could be Safin and Nalbandian.

But they still had very good careers, so I'd say Gonzalez.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
1. Monfils
2. Safin
3. Ferrer
4. Berdych
5. Nalbandian
6. Tsonga
7. Del Potro
8. Djokovic(wasn't always 100% motivated)
9. Verdasco
10. Cilic or Hewitt

·
Registered
536 Posts
1. Monfils
2. Safin
3. Ferrer
4. Berdych
5. Nalbandian
6. Tsonga
7. Del Potro
8. Djokovic(wasn't always 100% motivated)
9. Verdasco
10. Cilic or Hewitt
What Ferrer underachiever :spit:, with his lack of weapons and limited ability he's made a great career for himself for me he has to be the biggest overachiever of all time.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
Djokovic

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
What Ferrer underachiever :spit:, with his lack of weapons and limited ability he's made a great career for himself for me he has to be the biggest overachiever of all time.
Ferrer's amazing movement and fighting spirit are enough as weapons to win him at least a few clay Masters, but the guy has such a big mental blocks against top players on big points.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Nalbandian for me, closely followed by Safin.

If Soderling and Del Potro don't make a successful return to the tour, then they too would be up there.

Perhaps Haas and Ancic ought to be on this list. Henman too, given that the second half of his career was in the 21st century.

Gonzalez, Gasquet and Verdasco would probably round out my list of top 10 underachievers.

It's too early to be talking about the likes of Dimitrov as an underachiever - he's still the youngest active player to have reached a GS semi final for example.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Dimitrov? :haha:

This is clearly between Safin and Nalbandian.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Nalbandian
Safin
Berdych

those are the 3

Berdych is the worst though, no excuse but a pathetic mentality, at least fat dave faced GOATerer

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Nalbandian easy, monfils and Gasquet close, would say Safin but two slams and #1 ranking are enough to let him sleep at nights.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Del Potro given the amount of injuries. Thinking about how he'd be doing in 2014 and 2015 at 25/16 years old when the big 4 have lost their domination it saddens me to think what could have been achieved especially counting the 2010 set back as well. I think Berdych and Tsonga from the 'big 4 era' too with Nalbandian and Davydenko judging by there pure talent from the Fedal era. Safin did achieve well but consistency seemed to be the problem with injuries too.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Gulbis is overrated, but he has achieved nothing, and should have won a few big titles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ferrer's amazing movement and fighting spirit are enough as weapons to win him at least a few clay Masters, but the guy has such a big mental blocks against top players on big points.
Ferrer is an absolutely mental choice in this sort of thread. He's about as far from an underachiever as it's possible to be.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Nalbandian easy, monfils and Gasquet close, would say Safin but two slams and #1 ranking are enough to let him sleep at nights.

When you look at how Gasquet is playing in the last few years, you would rather wonder how he is a top 20 player.
But it's true that when you look at how he was playing in his younger days then you have to say he is quite a big underachiever.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Gasquet.

Apart from a SF at Wimbledon he really hasn't done much memorable with his career.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When you look at how Gasquet is playing in the last few years, you would rather wonder how he is a top 20 player.
But it's true that when you look at how he was playing in his younger days then you have to say he is quite a big underachiever.
I think back to 2 matches against Murray where he completely blew it when 2 sets up. The one at RG was just awful.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts