Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bring it Home
21,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was overpowered by Rosol and Kyrgios, so I'd say it's between Darcis and Brown.

Darcis played a great match, but I have to say Brown, the way he school Nadal with those volleys, dropshots and subtle touches around the net was just glorious. :worship?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
All of them.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Rosol's had probably the highest peak of the four but in terms of outplaying rather than simply ballbashing it's probably Darcis. The Kyrgios and Brown ones were more even overall.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Rosol 2012 was such a delight. Despite going to 5 unlike the others Nadal wasn't playing bad on grass at the time. He reached the final only a year before and Rosol stopped his momentum by exposing him :drool:

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I feel Rosol was a formidable foe for Nadal at Wimbledon. They went back and forth the first time and the subsequent time it was still another tough match. Even if Nadal were to lose 2-0 to Rosol I wouldn't be surprised. Rosol just turns it up against him here. Kyrgios was also in the zone in his match, really played Safinesque just destroying him with the serving and forehand and backhand rallies. Complete domination. I don't remember what happened in the Darcis match. Was there any signs of injuries at all? What went wrong? Did Nadal serve like shit? I think the ugliest match was against Brown. That's one that has to be depressing for a Nadal fan. One of the ugliest losses of his career. He served like shit and at the same time made Brown look elite.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Where is the option: "All of the above"?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
There was a wonderful nonchalance about Brown in some of those net exchanges. Out of all of them, he did the best job of making Nadal look bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts