Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garth is one of the bestselling artists in the US ever but I doubt that I know any song from him :eek:

What are/is his biggest hit(s)?? :confused:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Same with Julio Isglesias. One of the biggest selling artists worldwide. What was his biggest hit?? Any trademark song? ;)

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
don't even bother, its shocking.

·
Registered
696 Posts
He didn't really have any songs that were big crossover hits. His best known songs are probably 'If Tomorrow Never Comes' and 'Friends In Low Places'

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Friends in Low Places obviously

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Friends in Low Places. Seriously, just go find his greatest hits album, they are all on there.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Why did this thread start anyways?

You wanna get into country?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Friends in Low Places. Seriously, just go find his greatest hits album, they are all on there.
There are so many greatest hits albums always with different songs ...

Interesting: If tomorrow never comes has been a major hit in Europe by Ronan Keating (Boyzone).

But I am sure I never heard Friends In Low Places before.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
No No.. it's just that this guy was so damn successful that I wanna understand why ;)

I wonder why Shania was so big in Europe but pretty much nobody knwos Garth Brooks around here.
Shania Twain was big in Europe? Really? Had no idea.

But yeah Friends In Low Places is a great song, you should check it out. Unfortunately whoever owns the rights doesn't allow it on Youtube, I think.

And country music is great stuff, I love it :yeah:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shania Twain was big in Europe? Really? Had no idea.
Well not as big as in the US but her Album UP was # 1 in Germany, Come On Over Top Ten and Greatest hits # 3.

Ka-Ching and Party for two were actually more succesful in Germany than in the US.

But Garh Brooks never charted.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Garth was a huge success because of his concerts. He is an amazing performer live. I never got to see him in concert (poor college student, poor college graduate paying off student loans), but saw quite a bit of him on TV during that time. He paved the way for how concerts were done after that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBrroOzMgAc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts