Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine the court which is not only bigger, but it's also very fast. That would mean that the defense on this court would be almost impossible.

So with not just current play styles in mind but also adaptability and tactics of each player, who do you think would be the best on such a court? Who would shine, who would surprise and who would be exposed?

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you even be able to put a serve back in play on this court? Anyway, dropshots should be effective.
Let's say that this bigger court still has the same or a little deeper fields for the serves. So maybe you serve from the longer distance since it would be the bigger court, but you still have to hit those not too big fields. Which would mean servebotting would not be easier in this scenario.

·
Super Moderator
8,214 Posts
You came up with better questions before, you've declined hard.

·
Registered
878 Posts
To have an advanced unbiased discussion?

@Kingullu4 @Looch I guess my posts are too analytical and objective for your taste.
To have a useless, irrelevant and stupid "unbiased" (sometimes its biased i.e. when you say Serbia should host a grand slam). Anyways, it's quite obvious every1 is bored of your lame posts.

·
Registered
878 Posts
You came up with better questions before, you've declined hard.
Already ran out of ideas, what a one-hit wonder

·
Registered
878 Posts
Let's say that this bigger court still has the same or a little deeper fields for the serves. So maybe you serve from the longer distance since it would be the bigger court, but you still have to hit those not too big fields. Which would mean servebotting would not be easier in this scenario.
Actually it just makes it harder for smaller people like Schwartzman to put serves in while players like Karlovic or Isner would have a considerably higher serve percentage than others which would mean tall servebots prevail.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Looch If anything, seems that my posts made you angry at me quite effectively, so they are not so useless after all. Also, you keep missing the point of my posts, so I guess I shouldn't bother with you anymore.

·
Registered
878 Posts
@Looch If anything, seems that my posts made you angry at me quite effectively, so they are not so useless after all. Also, you keep missing the point of my posts, so I guess I shouldn't bother with you anymore.
U can stop making this point of post bullcrap

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,625 Posts
Would you even be able to put a serve back in play on this court? Anyway, dropshots should be effective.
not if the service boxes are made the same. It's like playing with the doubles alley active, say.
This means you can go for more on your return and everything else.

This was actually done before in an exhibition once between Connors and Navratilova. Navratilova had a slightly extra bit of side-alley (half a doubles alley) to use in rallies and Connors could only use one serve as handicap. Connors won 7-5 6-2. Quite fun actually:

jGRIf7e6fP0

1 - 15 of 15 Posts