Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is the final of TMS Roma. I have to say that this TMS event has been the opportunity for 1 of my faves to reach the semi of a TMS for the 1st time of his young career. He arrived in Rome, full of doubts, criticized because he hadn't won many matches since he made the final in Doha, against Federer. But he's had a wonderful week. The resurrection began with the match against Haas. That was so great to see he was back, ready to fight on the court. Long time I hadn't seen him that way. Then, he beat Ginepri. No need to say I was still as proud. Then came the match that really made me suffer, even if I couldn't see it. The generation shock. Santoro finally inclined himself. And yesterday, THE match that made me so proud and put that dumb smile on my face all day long. The Duck, getting a lesson of how to play on clay. That was high time btw. Seeing him in the QFs of a clay TMS is something that just sounds unreal. But my toyboy took good care to bring things back to order, sending Roddick back to the lockers with some bitter taste in his mouth. He lost today, though, against the one who's currently breaking all records on clay. I wasn't expecting a win as I don't believe in miracles. But he gave too many points to Nadal. The score is severe, but deserved. Anyway, I'm still very proud of him and his achievements this week.

Yes. I'm talking about Gaël Monfils....................

1 - 1 of 1 Posts