Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Wow, that's terrible. Floods always shock me with the power of nature. It's just crazy.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Terrible news.

Currently the national and the local government seem to be too busy blaming each other to actually go and help the people.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Surprising and terrible news. Seems that our part of Europe is a lot more rainy lately than usual, this time with the "epicenter" more on the east. Floods indeed can ruin many lives and even pull the whole local / national economies down.

·
41,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The big problem is now electricity, the 2 substations are totally damaged, so one of the biggest neighborhood will not have electricity in next few weeks :sad:

·
41,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 victims are children, several more people are missing, god to save Bulgaria :sad:

Few more regions in county are flooded also :sad:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
It's the third biggest city and this disaster caught us unprepared as usual, but to be fair, it's a city where this just doesn't happen and the amount of rain in such a short period oof time was just insane (some 75l per square for a short period of time).

I was in our other sea side big town Bourgas and it was as well a heavy thunderstorm, which luckily has been bearable by the city infrastructure and probably weaker than what happened in Varna.

Reports are saying about one more casualty in Dobrich, a town North of Varna.

We're all pretty shocked, didn't expect this at all. I mean, it's not like it's smth one ould expect per se, but in a town near the Danube you'd assume this is not impossible, but Varna...it was a shock.

Condolences to the families and all the people in this awesome city.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
It's now the moment, but last year officially Varna became second biggest city
source please.

Varna is quite smaller than Plovdiv afaik.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Damn dudes, its like with Serbia/Bosnia/Croatia not so long ago. I hope weather clears up a bit. Our city Obrenovac(which was flooded 5 meters for more then a week) , is still offlimits for people.

I hope things clear... but rain is here too ... and its going east

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Is it just heavy rain causing it or are there other issues?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
fascist flood in Hong Kong too.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is it just heavy rain causing it or are there other issues?
Mostly heavy, heavy rains BUT in some cases, some bad urban planning and building plays a big role. When а portion of a city is build without good drainage system, when it's built next to big water sources, and you combine this with exceptional rains, the result is clear. :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts