Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogie: 32 (2002 Vienna; 2003 Vienna, WTF; 2004 Swiss, Toronto, USO, Thailand, WTF; 2005 Cincinnati, USO, Thialand; 2006: Toronto, USO, Japan, Madrid, Basel, WTF; 2007: Cincinnati, USO, Basel, WTF; 2008: USO, Basel; 2009 Cincinnati; 2010 Cincinnati, Stockholm, Basel, WTF; 2011 Basel, Paris, WTF; 2012 Cincinnati)

Rafa: 13 (2005 Swedish Open, Stuttgart Open, Montreal, Beijing, Madrid; 2007 Stuttgart Open; 2008 Toronto, Beijing Olympics; 2010 USO, Japan Open; 2013 Montreal, Cincinnati, USO)

Djokovic: 18 (2006 Dutch Open; 2007 Montreal, Vienna; 2008 WTF; 2009 China Open, Basel, Paris; 2010 China Open; 2011 Montreal, USO; 2012 Toronto, Beijing, Shanghai, WTF; 2013 Biejing, Shanghai, Paris, WTF)

Mugray: 14 (2007 St. Petersburg; 2008 Cincinnati, St. Petersburg, Madrid; 2009 Montreal, Valencia; 2010 Toronto, Shanghai; 2011 Cincinnati, Thailand, Tokyo, Shanghai; 2012 London Olympics, USO)

Rogie is by far the best player post-Wimbledon, Djokovic, Mugray, and Rafa are all more equal to each other for now. I think Rafa will win few more events post-Wimbledon for the rest of his career, Mugray some more, but not a lot more, Djokovic can win quite a few more if he continues to dominate August-November, and Rogie has some time left, but he's done most of his damage already.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
I think you shouldn't be rude to people just because they like talking about Rogie.
I think he is talking about the OP's use of Mugray more than that of Rogie...

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I think you shouldn't be rude to people just because they like talking about Rogie.
well, the OP called the big 3 by their names or proper nicks and Murray ended it up as a Mugray. Prodigy who likes Murray can be pissed I guess. After all it's MTF.

As for stats all I can say it is OK. Fed is probably the best HC player in the Open Era based on his results etc. Nole is right there or getting there. Just not sure what the point is regarding 'post Wimbledon'. I, personally prefer to look at W/L percentage on a certain surface.

·
6,247 Posts
Of note is Rafa is the lowest, mainly because he tends to switch off after the USO - ie into Asian Swing and Fall Season, up to and including the WTF's.
Djoker is by far the best hard court player since the 2013 USO, despite that loss to Wawrinka in AO, so expect him to go on a tear from August this year.
Murray unfortunately has been disappointing since after his majestic 2013 Wimbledon campaign, don't know what he needs to do to rectify that this year.
Federer has been very good on these stats, but has not won at Flushing Meadows for 6 years now, and his last title is 2012 in Cincy, so don't expect past results to weigh heavily this year.

·
Registered
766 Posts
1 Rogie is by far the best player post-Wimbledon,
2. Djokovic, Mugray, and Rafa are all more equal to each other for now.
3. I think Rafa will win few more events post-Wimbledon for the rest of his career, Mugray some more, but not a lot more, Djokovic can win quite a few more if he continues to dominate August-November, and Rogie has some time left, but he's done most of his damage already.
1. That is equivalent to saying water is wet :rolleyes: He has 5 USO, no need to club those with a bunch of Mickey Mouse tournaments.
2. No. Rafa has 2 USO.
3. Agreed. Novak will most definitely win multiple more USO and end up with a post Wimby resume similar to that of Fed's. But I don't think he will get to 5 USO. So Fed has post-Wimby star achievement locked down forever.

I'm a huge fan of Cincy and Canada tournaments (although not much of the Asian/European indoor swing, except for Basel which I like :)). But even in my opinion, USO is the only tournament post-Wimby that truly matters. I hope Rafa wins one more USO before father time consumes him for good. IMO, he does not have more than 2 serious shots at it (2014+2015).

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Rogie is by far the best player post-Wimbledon, Djokovic, Mugray, and Rafa are all more equal to each other for now. I think Rafa will win few more events post-Wimbledon for the rest of his career, Mugray some more, but not a lot more, Djokovic can win quite a few more if he continues to dominate August-November, and Rogie has some time left, but he's done most of his damage already.
If we take it per year since their first post-Wim title then it is:

Federer 32/12 or 2.666 per year
Nadal 13/9 - 1.44
Djokovic 18/8 - 2.25
Murray 14/7 - 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts