Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fraud - Lost five in a row, all on HC. Last won at 2014 AO semi.

Faker - 2-8 in last 10 matches, the two wins were on clay. Hasn’t won on HC since 2013 USO final.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Tough one.

Nadal is Federer's pidgeon in the past years ever since he started playing more aggressive tennis which suits Roger much better than before when he was playing a defensive backboard strategy.
However Federer has not shown a high level this year so thats something that Nadal can take advantage of, yet still, I wonder how much Roger has gotten into his head lately.

Djokovic also has dominated Nadal on HC in the past years and always seems to find a solution to beat him, however Djokovic is not the same peak Djokovic of 2014-15, he is just coming back
and not playing at such a high level yet, so this is also something positive for Nadal.

Overall its hard, both opponents are extremely hard.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
either would be fine, which revenge would be tastier? I'd say Federer, just so that he can beat him in all four slams

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Federer and it's not even close

·
Registered
611 Posts
What a laugh. Nadal would not like to see either. It's not the previous results that count. If Rafa can get through to the final-with yet another gift of a draw-seriously his fans rabbit on about his bad luck with injuries yet none will admit to his incredible luck during his career, then he will not want to see the guy who has smashed him five time in a row. On what surface? Oh yeah, HC. Or the guy who has the lead in their H2H, and off clay just beats him over and over. And over. it was money well spent by the Spanish Tennis federation to get the draw for Rafa, again. Sadly he won't be able to take advantage. A big server will take him out in the first week. After which, we will hear of his hidden injury, that he has bravely played through since oh, just before the quarters of W...0:)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Obviously he'd like to see neither. If Fed reaches the final with that draw, it means he's in awesome form unexpectedly and can beat Nadal. And we all know that Djokovic can seriously trouble him...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Obviously he'd like to see neither. If Fed reaches the final with that draw, it means he's in awesome form unexpectedly and can beat Nadal. And we all know that Djokovic can seriously trouble him...
That's what I thought. If either gets through because they're in great form, and not because the draw fell apart and they only beat mugs or opponents retired, then he would be an unwelcome opponent. In those circumstance there's nothing to choose between them I would say.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Fraud - Lost five in a row, all on HC. Last won at 2014 AO semi.

Faker - 2-8 in last 10 matches, the two wins were on clay. Hasn’t won on HC since 2013 USO final.
Trying to find players called Fraud and Faker, couldn't find them.

·
Registered
748 Posts
No one asked you to respond or give your opinion. You could have simply ignored it. As a Fedfan, I actually use “Fraud” to poke fun at the MTF haters that actually believe it.
I don't need to be asked to give my opinion on a tennis forum. Calling them Dull, Fraud and Faker is disrespectful to the players and their fanbase and it contributes to toxic discussions. Is it so difficult to simply call them by their names?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts