14,088 Posts
not sure what 6 times down/up means

·
Registered
7,311 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
As expected, four times it was Federer to push Nadal down, in three seasons it was only him 2010, 2018, 2019 and in 2017 together Federer & Djokovic.

In 2005 it was Roddick who became seed no.3 behind no.2 Hewitt.

A couple of weeks after Wimb'05 Nadal toppled Hewitt as a new ATP no.2, since then only Big4 have been occupying those two leading positions.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
However, it only makes a difference if someone is moved to a different seeding group. That was in 2017 and 2019 for Federer (up) and Nadal (down), and in 2007, 2017 and 2018 for Djokovic (up).

·
Registered
869 Posts
Extend grass season
2 grass master
Seeded Wimbledon according exactly to ATP ranking

Before that they deserve it

Next thread

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Unrelated but I'm surprised that Novak and Federer have both been the No. 1 seed seven times (chart doesn't include 2004).

But yeah, a little surprising and a little amusing that Nadal has never benefited from Wimbledon's seeding formula, while the other two have four times.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
But yeah, a little surprising and a little amusing that Nadal has never benefited from Wimbledon's seeding formula, while the other two have four times.
Not really surprising given that Nadal missed Wimbledon in 2009 and 2016, and has won just one grass tournament since his second Wimbledon title (Stuttgart in 2015). Indeed, he hasn't even played a grass warm-up since 2015.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Who'd have thought this would happen with a seeding formula that rewards playing and winning grass tournaments. Not me. I hope they keep it too to disincentivise players skipping the too short grass season or instead insert a mandatory masters before Wimbledon.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
This only shows you guys how and why Rafa is right to complain.

You all would complain if you were in his shoes so admit it.

Instead of beeing hipocrits just because it suits your guy and or hurts Rafa.

·
Registered
247 Posts
This only shows you guys how and why Rafa is right to complain.

You all would complain if you were in his shoes so admit it.

Instead of beeing hipocrits just because it suits your guy and or hurts Rafa.
Lol that takes some balls, hats off to you Sir...
But no it doesn’t show how he’s right to complain , not the least bit. It surely explains why he does it though, but we all knew it already.
I really don’t see the point of this thread, Fed and Novak have better results on grass so they get bumped up, that’s it. Nothing to see here.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Had Rafa played in a grass Tee or two this season he would have gained enough points to be #2. W has had this seeding style for ages. Rafa knows that. Suck it up and play.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts