Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which "big 3" member has the most impressive combined collection of players in his turkey cage of whom he's never lost to?

I chose to go with a minimum of 7 matches played vs an opponent. Incedently, each one of these titans has 5 players under their rule. If I've forgotten to include a significant player that indeed fits the criteria, let us know.

Fed (60-0)

15-0 vs youzhny
14-0 vs ferrer
14-0 vs niemenen
10-0 vs seppi
7-0 vs moya

Rafa (41-0)

12-0 vs gasquet
8-0 vs niemenen
7-0 vs nishikori
7-0 vs gulbis
7-0 vs robredo

Nole (43-0)

10-0 vs cilic
10-0 vs seppi
9-0 vs monfils
7-0 vs baghdatis
7-0 vs fish

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Re: "Big 3" Most impressive H2H without a single loss?

Well Ferrer might be the most consistently good of those guys, but I think beating Gulbis many times means you probably beat him more than once at his best which is probably a more difficult feat in some ways.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts

Which "big 3" member has the most impressive collection of players in his turkey cage of whom he's never lost to?

I chose to go with a minimum of 7 matches played vs an opponent. Indecently, each one of these titans has 5 players under their rule. If I've forgotten to include a significant player that indeed fits the criteria, let us know.

Fed (53-0)

15-0 vs youzhny
14-0 vs ferrer
14-0 vs niemenen
10-0 vs seppi
7-0 vs moya

Rafa (42-0)

12-0 vs gasquet
8-0 vs niemenen
7-0 vs nishikori
7-0 vs gulbis
7-0 vs robredo

Nole (43-0)

10-0 vs cilic
10-0 vs seppi
9-0 vs monfils
7-0 vs baghdatis
7-0 vs fish
I think you mean 60-0 Rogie and 41-0 Rafa, but Djokovic is correct at 43-0, I think your math was just a little off on Rogie and Rafa.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I think you mean 60-0 Rogie and 41-0 Rafa, but Djokovic is correct at 43-0, I think your math was just a little off on Rogie and Rafa.

Fixed. Yeah, thanks. I forgot to include Moya in Feds total, and no excuse for Nadals total.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

^^^

btw, my thread is meant to pose the question, which COMBINED 5 players is the most impressive in bageling for a career, not just one individual player, as in just Ferrer, for instance.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts

Well Ferrer might be the most consistently good of those guys, but I think beating Gulbis many times means you probably beat him more than once at his best which is probably a more difficult feat in some ways.
Imo, beating Ferrer 14 times is much more impressive than beating Gulbis 7 times as Ferrer is a much better player than Gulbis and it's twice as more.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Rafa screwed the 12-0 over wawrinka this year due to his back injury in the AO final.

Dont forget despite not being able to include, rafa has the biggest ownage against a tennis player.. 19 wins in a row vs berdych, the most impressive beat down ever against a great player.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Rafa screwed the 12-0 over wawrinka this year due to his back injury in the AO final.

Dont forget despite not being able to include, rafa has the biggest ownage against a tennis player.. 19 wins in a row vs berdych, the most impressive beat down ever against a great player.
:spit: beating Berdych is like beating your biggest fanboy

·
Banned
355 Posts
Rafa is 10 - 0 vs paul henri mathiew. So he should be 44-0

He already screwed his record vs almagro and wawrinka this year.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Fed (70-0)

15-0 vs youzhny
14-0 vs ferrer
14-0 vs niemenen
10-0 vs seppi
10-0 vs Lopez
7-0 vs moya

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Just think about it: those 6 players guaranteed Federer 7.27% of his overall match wins (ATP level).

Crazy.
And they all have been top 18 players at least.

Crazy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts