Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its interesting, what if we will compare achievements of big 3 at the same age as Djokovic (youngest of big3) has now? Number of titles, finals, weeks, and other significant achievements. Who will be goat?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts

Fedalovic by the 33rd birthday:

Federer_ 17 GS + 8 GS finals + 10 semis, 6 WTF, 21 Masters, 5 y.e. no.1, 302_Weeks, Titles_79_(44 big titles)
Nadal____17 GS + 8 GS finals + 5 semis , 0 WTF, 34 Masters, 4 y.e. no.1, 196_Weeks, Titles_81_(51 big titles or 52 with OG)
Djokovic 17 GS + 9 GS finals + 11 semis, 5 WTF, 34 Masters, 5 y.e. no.1, 281_Weeks, Titles_79_(56 big titles)

This suspension will prevent Djokovic from amassing a few more big titles till his 33rd birthday and the start of RG, but he is already, hands-down, the Goat-33 i.e. the goat and most successful player on the very 33rd birthday.

And of course, if this suspension continues for the better part of the season Nadal will probably stay as Goat-34, because Djokovic needs two more slams or at least a slam and a few masters, more weeks at no.1 etc. this season to match or overcome Nadal's resume by the 34th birthday.

With his 17 slams, 6 WTF, weeks & y.e. as no.1 Federer was still arguably Goat-32 (edging out 32 y.o. Nadal) as he was undisputed Goat-31/30/29.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thank you, then Federer has a bit more achievements (because of more weeks). I thought it will be Nole or Rafa. But all 3 are so close overall..

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Oh thank you, then Federer has a bit more achievements (because of more weeks). I thought it will be Nole or Rafa. But all 3 are so close overall..
They are close, but considering Djokovic entered more slam finals and semis, has amassed twelve more big titles and would have amassed even more weeks and titles till the end of May without the current suspension, it is clearly Djokovic with an edge over Federer there, by the 33rd birthday.

·
Registered
294 Posts

Fedalovic by the 33rd birthday:

Federer_ 17 GS + 8 GS finals + 10 semis, 6 WTF, 21 Masters, 5 y.e. no.1, 302_Weeks, Titles_79_(44 big titles)
Nadal____17 GS + 8 GS finals + 5 semis , 0 WTF, 34 Masters, 4 y.e. no.1, 196_Weeks, Titles_82_(51 big titles)
Djokovic 17 GS + 9 GS finals + 11 semis, 5 WTF, 34 Masters, 5 y.e. no.1, 281_Weeks, Titles_79_(56 big titles)

This suspension will prevent Djokovic from amassing a few more big titles till his 33rd birthday and the start of RG, but he is already, hands-down, the Goat-33 i.e. the goat and most successful player on the very 33rd birthday.

And of course, if this suspension continues for the better part of the season Nadal will probably stay as Goat-34, because Djokovic needs two more slams or at least a slam and a few masters, more weeks at no.1 etc. this season to match or overcome Nadal's resume by the 34th birthday.

With his 17 slams, 6 WTF, weeks & y.e. as no.1 Federer was still arguably Goat-32 (edging out 32 y.o. Nadal) as he was undisputed Goat-31/30/29.
Looking at those stats Nadal is GOAT as he has the Olympic Gold and the h2h advantage at the Majors. YE1 they are all at 5 years, but Federer never managed more than 1 year during Nadal and Djokovic peak.

Federer is clearly 3rd. Nadal and Djokovic is very close, I would put Nadal ahead of Djokovic but not by much, no question Nadal and djokovic the two greatest of all time.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Looking at those stats Nadal is GOAT as he has the Olympic Gold and the h2h advantage at the Majors. YE1 they are all at 5 years, but Federer never managed more than 1 year during Nadal and Djokovic peak.

Federer is clearly 3rd. Nadal and Djokovic is very close, I would put Nadal ahead of Djokovic but not by much, no question Nadal and djokovic the two greatest of all time.
You mean like how Djokovic and Nadal never manager more than 1 year together when Federer was at his peak? Cope some more, around the time Djokovic hit his prime Federer was already past it, while Nadal did it in 2008 only because Federer had mono, hilarious.

Reactions: Servebots=GOAT

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
You mean like how Djokovic and Nadal never manager more than 1 year together when Federer was at his peak? Cope some more, around the time Djokovic hit his prime Federer was already past it, while Nadal did it in 2008 only because Federer had mono, hilarious.
Federer did not have mono lol as if he did he would not have been able to play at all. Federer was 26 in 2008, if you think that is past it then you are saying Nadal and Djokovic are tennis Gods!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its interesting, what if we will compare achievements of big 3 at the same age as Djokovic (youngest of big3) has now? Number of titles, finals, weeks, and other significant achievements. Who will be goat?
I recently made a video to answer the GOAT question and this was a part of my analysis! Take a look and let me know what you think -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts