Mens Tennis Forums banner

3301 - 3320 of 3420 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Would rather go for the over here. Don't know about Denis, he was just so awful on clay last year and rome is really slow and high bouncing from what I see. Pella also isn't in good form but surface shoud suit him
It smells like trap of the year to me; logic dictates a Shitpoovalov victory, while the odds indicate a Pella one.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Would rather go for the over here. Don't know about Denis, he was just so awful on clay last year and rome is really slow and high bouncing from what I see. Pella also isn't in good form but surface shoud suit him
I should have included: Although he's good on clay (at least statistically) I do agree with you to an extent, but still would favor him over Pella in this match, by a wide margin.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Horrible loss from Demon, literally unbelievable stuff. That miss on MP also 🙄.

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
Trying another one, Struff, De Minaur and Ram/Salisbury shit the bed.

Dynamo Kiev or draw vs. AZ Alkmaar (football)
Wawrinka to win vs. Musetti
Gent or draw vs. Rapid Vienna (football)
Dinamo Bucuresti -3.5 goals vs. CSM Fagaras (handball)
Petrolul to win vs. Ripensia Timisoara (football)
West Ham to win vs. Charlton (football)
Millwall to win at half time or full time vs. Cheltenham (football)
Edmund +1.5 sets vs. Cecchinato
@14.85

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
lmao match fixing in a Masters, sure.
Don't think there is match fixing at this level, but the fast transition from hard to clay can lead to funny results. Other players might not want to spend too much energy in this tournament and saving themselves for Roland Garros. Who knows what plans players have. I think we should be very careful with betting in this period and take anything into consideration. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Don't think there is match fixing at this level, but the fast transition from hard to clay can lead to funny results. Other players might not want to spend too much energy in this tournament and saving themselves for Roland Garros. Who knows what plans players have. I think we should be very careful with betting in this period and take anything into consideration. 🤷‍♂️
True so i write tank / match fixing , are nearly the same

everyone knows Paire gonna tank the match of today... so the match fixing isn't so far away

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Wanted to bet on Gilles/Vliegen over Bolelli/Fognini based on Fognini's recent injury, but odds dropped a lot. Not going to do it anymore.

And the Italians can play amazing tennis. Just depends on Fabio's mood/fitness.

·
Registered
58,311 Posts
Small bet on PCB/AdM live @750. Probably a loser, but they're good enough those are tempting odds.

·
Registered
15,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,316

·
Registered
944 Posts
lmao match fixing in a Masters, sure.
Actually I have seen that once, years ago (I forget the match, but I think that it was in Monte Carlo). I've seen a dozen or so in other ATP events and hundreds upon hundreds in challengers. In case you're wondering my standard is odds movement to the point that all reasonable doubt is removed (I'm not the kind to call a match fixed because I lost a bet or something unlikely happened).

·
Registered
10,340 Posts

it happened again lololol

unreal
Why bet on Fritz though? That's Travaglia's best surface, playing at home (high motivation) and also had matches on clay the week before. He also beat Taylor in straight sets on hard court this year. Fritz probably had some practice on clay after US Open and that's all. And to be honest, he kinda sucks on it. Not trying to sound smart or anything, it sucks to lose only one match, but I'd be curious to hear your arguments.

·
Registered
15,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,320
Why bet on Fritz though? That's Travaglia's best surface, playing at home (high motivation) and also had matches on clay the week before. He also beat Taylor in straight sets on hard court this year. Fritz probably had some practice on clay after US Open and that's all. And to be honest, he kinda sucks on it. Not trying to sound smart or anything, it sucks to lose only one match, but I'd be curious to hear your arguments.
Fritz form too good for surface to make a difference, my thought.

Last year beat Schwartzman on clay, so he is capable. But probably Schwartzman was too passive that match.

And bookies took the odds down a lot after this.

Reactions: enlightenedth
3301 - 3320 of 3420 Posts