Mens Tennis Forums banner
1621 - 1640 of 1674 Posts

·
Bring it Home
21,626 Posts
I still don't get it. It seems if you bet over 4.5 or 4.75 there can't be a push cuz it's either gonna land under or over so why would they refund half the amount if it lands on 5. What is the gambling distinction between it landing on 4 or 5?
It's asian handicap, you don't lose with 5 goals in an o5.0, you get the push.

Over 4.5 with 5 goals you win 100% of the bet, while over 4.75 you need 6 goals to win 100%. With 5 goals, you win 50% and get a push on the other 50%. (technically 4.75 means half the bet on 4.5 and half on 5.0).

For example: odd for o4.5 is 1.50 and o4.75 is 1.80.

Let's say 5 goals are scored in the match.

A $100 bet would give me $150 in return (bet+profit) on the o4.5 and $40 on o4.75 (50*1.4 + 50*1).

I need 6 goals to win the entire bet and get 180 in return.

992 Posts
It's asian handicap, you don't lose with 5 goals in an o5.0, you get the push.

Over 4.5 with 5 goals you win 100% of the bet, while over 4.75 you need 6 goals to win 100%. With 5 goals, you win 50% and get a push on the other 50%. (technically 4.75 means half the bet on 4.5 and half on 5.0).

For example: odd for o4.5 is 1.50 and o4.75 is 1.80.

Let's say 5 goals are scored in the match.

A $100 bet would give me $150 in return (bet+profit) on the o4.5 and $40 on o4.75 (50*1.4 + 50*1).

I need 6 goals to win the entire bet and get 180 in return.
Appreciate the response, now I get it.👍(just don't get why anybody would ever bet any amount over .75 goals needing an extra goal considering how hard it is to score in ⚽ .

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Appreciate the response, now I get it.👍(just don't get why anybody would ever bet any amount over .75 goals needing an extra goal considering how hard it is to score in ⚽ .
Depends on the distribution of goals and the difference in odds.

If the line is as high as 4.5 or 4.75, it is obviously expected to be a high scoring match.

·
Bring it Home
21,626 Posts
I took o4.75 at HT with Bayern (1st place in the league and arguably the best team in the world) losing 2-1. I did it because I was pretty sure 2 more goals were going to be scored and some chance of 3. But no goals were scored after all. Lol

992 Posts
I took o4.75 at HT with Bayern (1st place in the league and arguably the best team in the world) losing 2-1. I did it because I was pretty sure 2 more goals were going to be scored and some chance of 3. But no goals were scored after all. Lol
Starting to think the best angle in tennis is simply to take the better/favored player just to just to win the 2nd set if he loses the 1st & not get greedy with a full match live play. (esp. if he's serving to begin the set). Novak just to win the 2nd set was the perfect play against Zed even though Z. served 1st. (just did it with Jarry up 3-2 30-0 in the 2nd). Full match might have been a mistake since he was up 4-2 in the 2nd & now is in a rain delay serving at 5-6. (there will obviously be losses along the way such as Med to win the 2nd against Z. but long term this seems like an extremely profitable strategy).
Rectangle Font Handwriting Circle Water

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Starting to think the best angle in tennis is simply to take the better/favored player just to just to win the 2nd set if he loses the 1st & not get greedy with a full match live play. (esp. if he's serving to begin the set). Novak just to win the 2nd set was the perfect play against Zed even though Z. served 1st. (just did it with Jarry up 3-2 30-0 in the 2nd). Full match might have been a mistake since he was up 4-2 in the 2nd & now is in a rain delay serving at 5-6. (there will obviously be losses along the way such as Med to win the 2nd against Z. but long term this seems like an extremely profitable strategy).
View attachment 372431
What bookie do you use to place your large stakes?

992 Posts
Two futures I'm going a couple units each:
F1 - Max Vertappen & Mercedes (driver winner & team winner 2021) @3.50.
NFL - KC Chiefs to win AFC (playoffs) @4.25.

And this one below is a freebie, I'm going five units.
Gremio EP @2.00 vs. Flamengo - Game is tomorrow, Gremio fighting relegation, Flamengo with backups (they play Palmeiras for Libertadores title on Saturday), Flamengo's coach is Gremio's biggest legend Renato, this is a gift.
Hey Fog, considering taking your advice & going big on Gremio even though I know jack shit about soccer. At 1.8 are you still high on them?
Product Font Rectangle Line Material property

·
Bring it Home
21,626 Posts
Hey Fog, considering taking your advice & going big on Gremio even though I know jack shit about soccer. At 1.8 are you still high on them?
View attachment 372468
Yes, I'm confident on this one. From what I heard Flamengo is expected to rest all their starters, like I was thinking.

On my bookie, Gremio's odds dropped from 2.00 to 1.70 and should drop more as soon as the lineups are released.

992 Posts
Yes, I'm confident on this one. From what I heard Flamengo is expected to rest all their starters, like I was thinking.

On my bookie, Gremio's odds dropped from 2.00 to 1.70 and should drop more as soon as the lineups are released.
Just to clarify if I bet then at 1.8 & and it ends in a draw, would that count as a loss or a push?
Edit: Just now seeing a draw counts as a loss makes the decision that much harder.
Organism Font Circle Number Rectangle

·
Bring it Home
21,626 Posts
Just to clarify if I bet then at 1.8 & and it ends in a draw, would that count as a loss or a push?
Edit: Just now seeing a draw counts as a loss makes the decision that much harder.
View attachment 372474
Yes, it counts as a loss.

If you want a draw counting as a push you need to bet on Grêmio AH 0.0 or Gremio DNB. But it's around 1.30.

·
Bring it Home
21,626 Posts
Damn it, I hope you didn't went big, Punky.

2-2, 3 units wasted here. Lost 5 with Gremio, recovered 2 going with over 2 goals (after 0-1) and over 3.5 (after 1-2).

Flamengo was absolutely there for the taking, Gremio just too crap to take advantage.

1621 - 1640 of 1674 Posts