Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.1%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The slice is a wonderful shot that isn't talked about enough. Roger and Andy both have incredible slices, but whose are better?

·
Premium Member
8,606 Posts
Roger's although Mugray's slice is also very good.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Both Dimitrov and Federer have better slice than Murray, probably two best backhand slice shots on tour now.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Close but Federer.

Sadly the slice isn't effective on most of the courts on the tour. Its really nice to see on grass though.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
Roger's, though not by much. They have the two best slices on tour anyway, that's for sure.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roger's, though not by much. They have the two best slices on tour anyway, that's for sure.
I agree Roger's is better, but Andy still has a killer slice. His is more defensive though whereas Roger often uses it to attack.

Reactions: Guybrush

·
Registered
645 Posts
no, they do not. Dolgopolov has best slice on the tour, bot bh and fh. Tomic is close second. Federer might be third. well, Federer from 2 yrs ago might be 3rd... Stepanek and Dimitrov also have better slice then Murray. maybe Lopez too... Murray is way off top of the chart when we are talking about slice. no variety, using it exclusively as def shot to get back in position, no speed or different rotations... it is good def shot, and it is reliable, but as i said, not even near the top of the chart, and surely not top 2.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,836 Posts
Federer has natural versatility with it, ability to chip charge, awesome changeup tool and defense as well.
I admire some of the angles he generates with it at times, making it awkward for his opponents, quite effective on grass and hard courts.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Federer of course. Other than Nalbandian, I don't think any player with a 2 handed backhand has a slice as good as Murray though.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Federer by far although he uses it tactically maybe not as well as in the past. of course Roger does everything worst than the past, except maybe serving... I see nothing that exceptional about the Murray slice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts