Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Djokovic

Votes: 38 86.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Rafa has been playing without a serve and still achieving a lot for most of his career. Nole even with serve on still wins 1 out last 8 slams, speak about the differernt caliber of player they are.

Djoker trouble more Rafa than fed does mainly because of ROS, thats why serving very well is more important vs Nole than against potato.

If Rafa could sustain anything close to USO 2010 serve, the domination he would have against nole would look as bad as the one he has over fed.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Nole, and not even close !!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Djokovic. and it's not even close, especially on hard courts.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
Is this a trick question ? If it is, I don't get it.

Nadal has a WTA serve while Nole has decent serve which helped him get out of trouble multiple times when facing break points.
Nole has much much better serve

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Is this a trick question ? If it is, I don't get it.

Nadal has a WTA serve while Nole has decent serve which helped him get out of trouble multiple times when facing break points.
Nole has much much better serve
That's what I thought too :confused:.

Djokovic by far but I will give a credit to Rafa who served like a girl for the most part of his career and managed to win so much. He is special :p.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:spit: is this a joke

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Djokovic and fed rely on serve to be succesful, give half of that serve to Rafa and he is basically unstoppable, ala UO 2010.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Djokovic. Nadal has a reliable serve for his game and he hits it well, but Nole's is better, at least since 2011.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Rafa has been playing without a serve and still achieving a lot for most of his career. Nole even with serve on still wins 1 out last 8 slams, speak about the differernt caliber of player they are.

Djoker trouble more Rafa than fed does mainly because of ROS, thats why serving very well is more important vs Nole than against potato.

If Rafa could sustain anything close to USO 2010 serve, the domination he would have against nole would look as bad as the one he has over fed.
Whatever you want to believe man if it makes you happy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Actually I chose Nadal. At least he didn't DF when down a Match Point.
this

the double fault thing has plagued Djokovic throughtout his career

Nadal is actually incredibly effective on serve. this brings up the same problem as always- the circular obsession with flashier looking serves. Djokovic gets more aces and typically hits his serve faster than Nadal but it is very arguable that Nadal's extremely spinny, high bouncing serve is more effective

Nadal is hard to break not just because of his movement but also because a lot of players struggle with the height of the bounce of his serve. which is why certain bigger players (think Rosol Wimbledon a few years ago) manage to handle it very well because they are taller

also a few years back a Del Potro would be another example. regularly it can be very awkward to get to (don't forget the Nadal lefty effect with this)

they are close in this department

1 - 20 of 26 Posts